“City market nearly closed at 18:00? Why. It is summer time??”

Hien Vuong Restaurant
Ranked #240 of 1,447 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Arrived in the city late afternoon, checked into my hotel and headed out for place to eat. The front desk recommended this place and it is about a 15 minute walk. I am slow walker. No one in the place, door bell rang but no one came out to serve me. Sat myself down and read the menu. Still no one. Went to the cashier and the waitress was shocked to see me. Ordered my spring rolls and noodle dish with pork. Other than the bad service food was quite tasty.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

In the City Market area and close to the Steamboat Arabia museum. Service was perfunctory and I would have added a larger tip than the hostess added for me. The food however, was good.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I was surprised the pho and other soups were so delicious. Very good service and wonderful tastes. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Whenever I take someone to the airport, or whenever I go to Nell Hill's I always stop at Hein Vuong restaurant in the City Market. I feel like I am in good hands the minute I enter the door, no matter if I am alone or with others. I always order the same dish... #23 Bun and I am completely satisfied every time. There is a waitress there who has been working there for many years and she always makes me feel welcome. I love this place! The only drawback is the location of the restroom. You have to climb a steep staircase to get to it.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

This restaurant is located in a garage door clad bay in the City Market. Despite its humble dwelling, this place serves food fit for the gods! Everything I have ever had in the 20+ years eating here, has been delicious 100% of the time. Best ingredients=best food! Always fresh. Best cuts of meats. Tasty seafood. Perfect tempura. THE BEST fish sauce I have ever experienced in all of my years of tasting. With a wide-ranging menu, there are plenty of choices, including vegetarian options. My favorites: seafood soup, fresh spring rolls with lots of fish sauce for dipping, and Banh Tom (sweet potato and shrimp tempura "cakes") which one wraps in lettuce with mint, basil, cilantro--and dip into fish sauce. If never tried, this is a "must try" destination...