“Great local restaurant with intriguing name”

Tomfooleries Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #119 of 1,531 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2017

When we travel we like to try local places instead of the common national restaurants. This was our first time in Kansas City. My granddaughter was in the hospital so our schedule was not regular so it was a little later when we decided to get dinner. This place is right in town and parking was on the street. My son dropped me off in front and went to park the car. The handles to the door of the restaurant are a giant mixing whip and turner. Our server was very friendly and helpful. It happened to be Thursday and the special was 8oz steak for only $12.99... I decided to try it and it was delicious. It was an excellent meal. My son and other granddaughter both had sandwich meals that were also very good. There is an upstairs that the server said is open but mostly used for gatherings and has some activities to do like video games or something. We did not go up so I can't attest to what was there. The bathroom had a beautiful sink counter. Delicious meal, good service and clean bathroom - It was a good choice for us.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My husband and I did the Thursday night steak special. Both steaks were cooked just as we asked, and were very good. Our waiter was very efficient and friendly. Overall, a good experience in Kansas City!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We checked into the Sheraton Suites at Country Club Plaza, wanted a late lunch, were directed to Tomfooleries by front desk. Great recco. Delicious food, good prices, comfortable atmosphere, terrific waitress. And they serve food late, one of the few in CC Plaza. Highly recommended for a wide range of menu choices. I had the Tom's Mom's Meatloaf, with mashed potatoes and stringbeans. If you like comfort food, this is it. Plus great burgers, which my wife had.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

This is one of a few places where you could dine with your dog so I thought I'd try. It's a little tricky as you need to eat on the patio and no one is looking to seat people on the patio. Service on the patio also seemed a little slow. The patio is rather small and right along the sidewalk so this may not be a great idea for a dog that needs space or can be reactive.

The focus seems to be more on the drinks and happy hour but the menu had good variety. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

This is a fun American restaurant with some tv's for sports and cool stuff on the walls. Great burgers, great pizza, great fries, nice (attentive) server, decent price.

I didn't have any dislikes. If your looking for something fancy go down the street. If you want fish, go down the street. If you want a burger and to watch the Stanley Cup, world series, or whatever sports even in a relaxed atmosphere this is a great spot.