See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever set foot in. My friend and I were traveling to KC for a performance, and I foolishly booked this hotel in a hurry without checking the reviews. The building is in terrible disrepair and the entire property is rundown. Most of the surrounding buildings are vacant or abandoned. We went to the front desk and requested a refund due to the unsafe and unsanitary conditions of the building. The owner came out and immediately accused of us of being racist. He did not acknowledge in any way any of my actual complaints, but instead continued to berate me and my friend for being racist. He grew increasingly hostile and confrontational, so we left without a refund. There was no way we could have stayed there after a scene like that.

I am well-traveled, and have always been a low-budget traveler. I've stayed in lots of cheap motels over the years but I've never felt unsafe before this experience. We ended up at another hotel a few miles away. We happened to be the only white people at that establishment, which was near capacity, and we felt completely safe and enjoyed the experience immensely, AND it only cost $30 more than this dump. Worth every penny!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business