“"Unbelievably good!"”
Review of Affare

Affare
Reserve with OpenTable
Affare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 1,436 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 45
Cuisines: German, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 19th Avenue
Transit: Max stop in front of restaurant
Description: Modern German cuisine and a great wine and cocktail list! Affäre supports local farmers and family-owned, biodynamic wineries. Wine Wednesday: Free wine tasting every week from 5-7! Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10-2:30: enjoy Endless Mimosas for $10! Courtyard seating and Private Dining available. Great lounge and bar, offering seasonal cocktails and spirits from craft distilleries. Great beer selection!
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

My wife declared her lobster poutine to be "unbelievably good" after just a few bites. What's not to like about lobster chunks, cheese curds and a tasty gravy served on top of a bed of French fries? My jagerschnitzel, a thin pork breaded and fried pork cutlet with a mushroom sauce on top of spatzel was very good as well. Nice atmosphere and excellent service. It has seasonal menus and the summer menu has lots of lobster options.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for Happy Hour at the bar one Sunday afternoon. The bartender was very friendly and prices were good! Along with drinks, we ordered a Cabanossi brat and Kasespatzle with ham and onion... amazing!! We were even offered the option to take brats home with us (will do next time, but weren't headed home right away). Their brunch menu looked great as well, so we will definitely be back!!

Martin H, Owner at Affare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate this very much. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Was disappointed with the menu. Did not have many German dishes which I was looking for. The food is good. The desserts were very good. Service was adequate

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Affare features traditional German cuisine revisited for contemporary tastes with the addition of some other influences such as lobster rolls and lobster bisque. Well designed interior with well trained and charming staff. Very reasonably priced. They make one of the best radlers that I have ever had. Excellent wine list.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous restaurant, great service, and the food was absolutely perfect. Each plate I had seemed better than the last. We happened to dine during "Lobster Fest" which runs June-July. I started with the Beet Salad which had a great balsamic dressing, creme fraiche and candied pecans- so great!! The lobster risotto alla carbonara was my entree and there is not one thing I would change about this dish. It was served with egg yolks in the middle which were just right for dipping the lobster in. The risotto was just right. We had the Kasesahnetorte for dessert which has a beautiful pronunciation! It happens to taste similar to cheesecake but lighter and is made with a house-made ricotta type cheese called quark!
Just sad I have not discovered this place until today. It is a great place and I will definitely return!!!

Martin H, Owner at Affare, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you for your kind review, we hope to see you again at Affare.
Chef Martin