All reviews sprint center power and light district bank building corner king room mile radius beautiful hotel walk in shower couple blocks beautiful room hotel restaurant business trip i highly recommend this hotel self parking shuttle service fitness center free shuttle country club plaza
Reviewed 2 February 2017

My girlfriends and I stayed at this property for my birthday weekend. We booked the Loft Suite and it was incredible. The property itself is really stunning. The staff was helpful and friendly. Our room was beyond top notch. Boasting two stories, this suite is the place to stay. Wonderful living space and separate loft sleeping area upstairs with full bathroom. There was also another bathroom downstairs which made it super easy for 4 gals to get ready.
I love that this property has a nice modern vibe but maintains its historical factor. Location wise, you are within walking distance to many great eats, drinks, entertainment and venues.
The hotel provided us with transportation around town by simply calling the front desk. We were driven to the Plaza for shopping as well as taken to dinners and a concert. We were also picked up upon request. This was a great added bonus for our group as we were there to celebrate.
I will always choose to stay at this property when in town and will probably always opt for the Loft Suite as it is pure perfection.

Room Tip: Loft Suite
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2017

We are so glad you chose to celebrate your birthday with us in our gorgeous Loft Suite and thrilled you had such a good time! Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'll be sure to let the staff know you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Just came back from a great visit & will plan on staying here during future visits to KC! Very friendly & helpful staff. Beautiful entrance! But the rooms were what made our stay! Spacious, clean, modern & VERY comfortable. Great beds! Only suggestion for future improvements would be to put a door between the shower/toilet area & the sink area.

Great walkable location to the power & light district! And very much appreciated the complimentary shuttle the hotel offers within the 5 mile radius when you plan to go out beyond Power & Light!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, I'll be sure to let the staff know how pleased you were. We hope to see you again on your next visit to KC!

Reviewed 6 January 2017

This hotel is in an older building with nice modern decorated rooms. Our bathroom was huge and the room was quite spacious.
The hotel has a great location near the Sprint Center and the Power and Light district. You can walk to many cool bars, restaurants, the World War I museum and the arena. The hotel has shuttle service with a 5 mile radius that will take you to many of Kansas City attractions. The service was great and the bar has a funky vibe. My fiancé and I had a wonderful romantic weekend in Kansas City and we were quite pleased with our stay at the Ambassador.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel our large rooms and complimentary car service. We hope the next time you visit Kansas City you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Our room was well done in a modern way.

With many renovations of older buildings, you have some drawbacks with plumbing or noise or something but this was not the case here. It was like a brand new place with old building charm.

The hotel is small with just a few rooms. It has a great restaurant and bar. The room service breakfast was also extraordinary.

It's in a great location downtown and near the Power and Light District.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Thank you for your kind comments. We are happy to know you enjoyed your visit and we appreciate your comments about the architecture of our building. I will be sure to share your thoughts about our outstanding bar and restaurant with our culinary team. We hope you stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Ambassador after seeing a show in Kansas City. Our stay at the hotel really made the evening special. The staff was very nice and friendly when checking in and our room was amazing. There was a huge, refinished fireplace in our room that really brought out the history of the building, while the decor itself was very modern and comfortable. The best part of the stay was the staff down in the bar. We got a drink and an appetizer before heading to the show. The seasonal cocktail I had was amazing! When we returned, one of the bartenders asked how we enjoyed the show. We ordered a late dinner which was delicious. I wish I would have had room for dessert since they all looked so good, but we'll have to come back again. I would highly recommend this hotel for the decor and the service, especially if you want to treat yourself to a little getaway in KC!

Room Tip: The King Executive has a gorgeous fireplace and is really big and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

We are always happy to hear when our Kansas City neighbors have an opportunity to experience the hotel. I am thrilled you enjoy your visit and that you were able to visit our restaurant and bar. We hope to see you again very soon!