All reviews oyster bar child care movie theater mini suite standard room nice room self park valet parking kara mirror bedding
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Got here for check in shortly after 4. We were supposed to have a connecting room. They said it wasn’t ready. But it would be in 45 minutes. My sister inlaw checked back at 6pm. Nope not ready. She sat in the lobby for a have hour. While I sat at the bar throughly pissed off. At 6:30 they tell her that the connecting room was still not ready but they do have two rooms next to each other. She takes one room while my husband and I wait another half hour the room next door to be cleaned. By this time I’m tired, we traveled all day. So decided I’m just going to stay in the room for the rest of the night. I call to get a menu for room service, oops sorry we don’t have room service any more. . Ok fine, I have some cheese sticks and beef sticks and a bottle of wine and the Vikes game on TV. I’ll just call it a day and get out of this nightmare in the morning. What else can happen. THE DAMN TV GOES OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKING GAME. TWO GUYS HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A HALF HOUR ALREADY AND STILL HAVEN'T GOT IT FIX. HEY HOW ABOUT TAKING IT FROM THE AJOINING ROOMS THAT WE NEVER GOT. THIS IS WHAT TRUMP WOULD DESCRIBE AS A SH**HOLE. NEVER EVER AGAIN. IF I COULD GIVE IT A ZERO STAR I WOULD.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Connie P
PNKinc, Public Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a rating, Connie. We strive to provide each guest with a five-star experience and we are unhappy to hear that we did not achieve this during your visit. We appreciate your feedback and we will pass your comments along to the appropriate departments for improvement. We thank you for choosing Ameristar.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I was here in 2016 and didn't like it and now I remember why. Dirty and over priced! We came here for a show that was at the hotel otherwise I wouldn't have stayed. The price was the premium weekend and yet the bathroom was, again, disgusting. I will never waste money at this establishment again.

1  Thank sjems

Thank you for taking the time to leave a rating. We strive to provide each guest with a five-star experience and we are unhappy to hear that we did not achieve this during your visit. We appreciate your feedback and we will pass your comments along to the appropriate departments for improvement. We thank you for choosing Ameristar and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future to provide you with that five-star experience.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

I have stayed here many times in the past few years and it's still one of my favorite hotels in this area, but a few things have changed that I'm not too happy with and that people should be aware of. The number one thing that I am disappointed with is that Room Service has been discontinued at this hotel. A facility this nice should have room service available for their guests, considering the cost of staying there. Many of my visits to this hotel are NOT for gambling, but simply to spend the night in a very nice, clean and luxurious hotel room. It's disappointing that to get something to eat, I have to get dressed, put my contacts in, and make myself somewhat presentable just to get some nourishment. Ameristar seems to be cutting costs wherever they can, and while I understand the need for businesses to do that, discontinuing Room Service in a luxury hotel seems to be counterproductive. Second, Ameristar has cut back on the hours that their restaurants and the gift shop are open. The Falcon Grill, which has amazing food (particularly their breakfasts) is only open from 7am to noon. Not very convenient for those people who might want breakfast after a long night in the casino. The gift shop, which is very nice and has lots of items a traveler might need, seems only to be open in the evenings. This is all just my opinion, and while I will continue to give Ameristar my business because it is such a nice and clean hotel, I just want to make people aware of the changes. The employees still go out of their way to accommodate guests and are extremely friendly. The rooms are spotless and very comfortable. Housekeeping is quick to respond to requests for blankets and extra coffee. All in all, a wonderful place to stay the night for travelers or locals. But please bring back Room Service.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Current5
PNKinc, Public Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for being a longterm guest. We will pass your comments along to the appropriate departments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future and providing you with fun and a five-star experience.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Very nice hotel and excellent services with good public transport connections. Good even though a bit pricy breakfast. Overall good value for money. I highly recommend Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AntonL1228
PNKinc, Public Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for the five-star rating, Anton! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced great services during your time here. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Our family met here on a Sunday for my grandma's 97th birthday. They were very nice to my gma. But the food was horrendous. I'm sure 11 am is not their busy time so maybe the food is better at peak times. And it was $20 per person. Our waiter was horrible. Thankfully another waitress stationed close to us picked up the slack for him. The manager brought 3 of the waitstaff over to sing to my gma, which was very nice. She was thrilled. And they brought her a cupcake with a candle.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank b0zarth
PNKinc, Public Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad the staff at The Buffet made your grandmother's birthday​ special. However, we apologize that your buffet experience was not up to your expectations. We strive to provide each guest with five-star service and we apologize that we did not achieve this. We will forward your comments to our food and beverage team for improvement. Thanks again.