All reviews country club plaza front desk free shuttle the concierge lounge self parking walking distance shuttle service breakfast buffet two blocks lobby bar king bed nice stay hotel shuttle great room the entire staff oatmeal corner room
Reviewed 1 March 2018

This hotel is updated and clean, great staff and service. Modern rooms,although a bit plain in decor, nicely done small bathrooms (cool barn-door shower door). The bed was comfortable although pillows were too flat for me. My main reason for a lower rating is that there just aren't many amenities. No breakfast (a in-house Starbucks) open until noon I think. Nowhere to eat between 2 and 5:30 pm which is when many planes come it. The hotel is several blocks from the Country Club Plaza; although there is a shuttle, if you want a quick bite you are forced to order room service with all the attendant upcharges. No quick places within a block or two. No water offered in room. I didn't see a snack place in the hotel, but did not ask in all fairness. Worst thing is if you have a room number ending in "15" it is next to the elevator which makes a "woooo" noise every time it moves. You don't hear this until time for bed. However, for my purpose of business, it was fine, clean, and I'd likely stay again for the price, just know what I get.

Room Tip: no room ending with "--15" -next to noisy elevator and staff room
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
MarriottCCPlaza, Front Office Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Good morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I have never had any problems with any other Marriotts I have stayed in but this one beware. They like to charge your account at will and accuse you of smoking when you don't. They then like to double charge your account. When you call to talk to a manager they pass the buck and say there is nothing they can do to credit your account until you talk to another manager who is currently not available. They charge your account and call it a hold, but your account has been charged. How is it they can charge your account but they can't credit you back on an overcharge?!! I have always been charged at the end of my visit at any other hotel I have stayed at. I have never ever been charged during my stay except for here. They say it is there policy to notify you of any charges before they occur which never happens. They just say "I'm sorry" but do nothing about it to correct the problem. Horrible!! Never again will I stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Pete K
MarriottCCPlaza, Front Office Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Good morning Pete,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay here. I do apologize that you did not have a great experience with us as that is always our number one priority for the entirety of the guest's stay. At your earliest convenience, I please welcome you to call my direct line at 816-303-4576 so we can discuss further.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2018

This hotel is newly remodeled, very nice and clean. The beds were comfy, we did ask for firmer pillows which they brought up and we had a fantastic night sleep. Rooms were quiet and loved that there was a couch in our king size bed room. Ask about there shuttle service downtown, this way you don't have to pay for taxi or uber service.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gina S

Hi Gina,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay with us. We hope to host you again in the near future!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel has been newly remodeled so the rooms are very nice. The bed was very comfy and I would stay here again just for the shower, it's great!! The location is perfect, right next to the Country Club Plaza and easy access to downtown. Lots and lots of really cool places to eat very close. The hotel has a shuttle to the Plaza which is nice. They do charge for parking. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We certainly appreciate your 5 star review. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I was staying in the neighborhood for business and decided on the Marriott for a couple of nights in February 2018. I am a Gold Member, so I tend to prefer staying somewhere within the Marriott family of Hotels.

I parked my car and went into the lobby. I was greeted by a cheerful young lady who was helpful and efficient in getting me checked in. The lobby is clean and modern and appears to be recently renovated.

I went up to the room and was pleased to find a nice large and well decorated room. It's important to me for the bathroom to be clean and modern, and I was not disappointed. The bathroom was clean and the shower appeared to be recently redone, as well.

I had breakfast in the restaurant on the second floor. The breakfast was nice with a buffet option and a menu option on the weekends. I had a voucher for the buffet, and it was quite nice. Plenty of variety and everything was fresh and tasty. The food wasn't the best I've ever had, but I'm rarely impressed with the food at ANY hotel. I'd give the breakfast a 7.5 out of 10, but maybe closer to a 9 out of 10 when compared with the breakfast you'd get at most hotels.

My only big complaint is the parking situation. The parking garage is very small, hard to navigate and has limited spaces. I'm sure there are probably times they actually run out of spaces to park. I would have liked to deduct a half a point on the score for the parking, but that's not possible with this rating system and I didn't feel it was fair to deduct a full point for a relatively minor issue.

The price was a bit on the high side, but considering that it is a Luxury facility located on the famed Kansas City Country Club Plaza, I can't complain too much about the cost. Pricey, but fair.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger; a room on the Southwest corner gives you a nice view of the Plaza, especially from a higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
MarriottCCPlaza, Front Office Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate your 5 star rating and hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon!