All reviews third floor nice hotel stay there again wi fi the staff was friendly and helpful bed was comfortable nice room kc mattress
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Our family members paid between $165-$195 per night after taxes for rooms it this hotel. 2 rooms each saw a roach in their room. 1 room the keys stopped working intermittently and the television got stuck on HBO. Another room, the Keurig coffee pot didn't work. The staff said they'd fix it. They never showed. We left with empty pockets and a mediocre stay. I can't reccomend it at that price. $85 per night maybe, but without the roaches.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We loved the comfortable mattresses, the sparkling clean facility, the extremely fast fiber Wi-Fi - and the reasonable rate. After a long, long day of travel, the beds felt divine.

There are a few fast food choices just down the road a few minutes drive away but it is quite a challenge (and several wrong turns were taken) trying to get back- even with Maps program.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel only after I read on the company website that the pool was open until 11:59pm. I went down to the pool at 10 pm after a long hot day to be told it was closed. They had a sign that has completely different hours from what they offer online. False advertising!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Definitely not up to Holiday Inn standards that my family is used to. As you check in, the front desk staff is not professional or friendly. In the common areas of the hotel the carpets are stained and the white trim and walls are visibly dirty. In the room, the ac was off although it is over 80 degrees outside. That being said. The room is nice and spacious and was clean upon arrival. This seems like it was a nice hotel at one time but has become run down and not well maintained. Also not in a very good neighborhood.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Customer service was terrible. They did not try to accommodate any of my preferences. I can go stay at a cheap hotel if I want crappy service. Didn’t expect that from a Holiday Inn. When I tried to talk to management, I was blown off. Not appropriate or acceptable.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Rachel S
Pamela H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you Rachel, for your comments. I would like to discuss your experience, please reach out to me at the hotel. 816-997-9444. Thank you and enjoy your day.