US$ 134
US$ 127
US$ 182
US$ 171
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 200/night.

US$ 151
US$ 139
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 154/night.

816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$ 123
US$ 114
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 139
US$ 128
Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 103
US$ 180
US$ 166
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 210/night.

US$ 220
US$ 200
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 250/night.

Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City South(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
US$ 120
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
US$ 190
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanstarlight theaterbreakfast choicesthird floornice hotelstay there againbreakfast areawi fithe staff was friendly and helpfulhieballparkcerealmattressmoconcert
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Even though this a difficult property to access, HIEx should capitalize on their proximity to the stadium and theatre areas with a shuttle, even if an extra charge. The quality of stay was certainly not worth the $$$ charged due to access, loud rooms, and below average breakfast.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark W
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Mark W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations regarding our rooms, breakfast selection and location. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for evaluation.

Joel A

Reviewed 15 August 2017

When we arrived, there was a problem with the room we were assigned so they immediately moved us to another room. Our keys stopped working within a couple of hours (on the 2nd room) and the staff immediately responded to this and worked on the door but it was not something that could be remedied right away so they moved us to a third room - a very nice suite on the 3rd floor. It was clean, roomy and we had a view of a wooded area with deer! We were in Missouri for a funeral and it was a sad and stressful situation so we appreciated the Holiday Inn staff being so kind and helpful in getting us settled into a nice room. We were there for five nights and the staff (John, Marisol, Amber, Rebecca, Jay and the sweet lady in the cafeteria - Yolanda) were outstanding in providing friendly, helpful and exceptional customer service! They went above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable and our needs met. They are great staff and we really appreciate all they did to make our stay pleasant at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Room Tip: The third floor was very nice, quiet and we had a good view of a wooded area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KSV-FL
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

June 17, 2017, I had reserved a room to stay at this hotel chain on a busy Saturday night. Unfortunately, while we were staying, the power went out. There were no lights, no air conditioning, no tv, no refrigerator. It was so dark we couldn’t see each other in the room-a huge liability should someone become injured on premises. It was also a very humid, Missouri night to be without air-conditioning. After the power had been out for several hours, we went to the front desk and were told that there was a storm, the hotel did not have a back-up generator and they weren't sure when power would be restored ( I did hear later that the power was not restored until 4am). We were told that if we left we would receive a full refund. After deliberating with my boyfriend we concluded that there was no way we could stay (he requires air conditioning and lights to avoid duress as he is a disabled veteran). The manager that I spoke with said that the city would reimburse the hotel and then we would receive a refund from Holiday Inn Express. I was reassured of this twice, the manager took my name and credit card information down before we decided to leave. We ended up having to drive all the way home, several hours, late at night in the rain. This put a lot of strain on us. We also were carrying $100 of refrigerated items with us that we risked losing due to not have a refrigerator. When I booked the room, I paid for the amenities that were promised to me. Unfortunately, those were not available for my stay. I feel as though it is wrong to take money for amenities unable to provide no matter the circumstances.

Upon return to work that Monday afterward, I began making phone calls to facilitate receiving the refund I was promised. I was met with opposition almost immediately. I was told by the staff that the management was looking at this and would contact me by the following Tuesday. I waiting the entire week and Tuesday at 4:45pm I still had received no phone call in return. I called back and the staff gave me an email to contact for one of the managers. I emailed them and 2 days later still had received no response. I've worked in retail and was exercising a lot of patience because I understand it takes a while to get these things ironed out. The staff was amazingly helpful and friendly during this process, but management was not available. I was eventually told later that week that the management had decided that they were going to offer a "deep discounted room based on the reschedule of a concert in town." I did not accept this as an appropriate recompense for the following reasons:

1. This is a concert I do not plan on attending-I fail to see how that applies to me

2. I am unable to make the date of the room they offered to discount

3. The room I paid for in full was for a very packed Saturday night and the night they were offering to discount a room for us was a Wednesday night. This does not indemnify me as the Saturday night room is much more expensive.

4. I have now wasted an entire month trying to resolve these issues

5. Management ignored my requests and did not fulfill their promise to call back

6. I have no business in Kansas City much less your specific hotel for this specific date

At this point, I have contacted the Better Business Bureau as I feel that this is poor management and business practices. One cannot simply take money by promising to provide accommodations and then not provide what is promised. The management's response to my complaint has been utterly inappropriate, and unacceptable. I am very upset to think that there are many other customers who did not receive a refund as well. I am disappointed with Holiday Inn Express and the way their management has handled this situation. I should have been contacted and should not have had to spend 2 weeks making phone calls that were not answered. I should not have been offered a random Wednesday night at that specific hotel when I purchased a Saturday night hotel. The inconvenience that we experienced was bad enough without having to drag it out over the course of another month. At this point I will be writing my experiences on every travel website I can find to warn other travelers that the management takes this attitude. I am taking my entire family on a 10 day vacation in 2 weeks and will NOT be staying in any Holiday Inn hotels. I would like to assume that the Holiday Inn Express Corporation does not condone the actions of the management at this location, however since I have not had any word otherwise I am forced to believe that this hotel does not care about charging a disabled veteran for amenities he did not receive. I hope to make our experience known so that no one else has to go through the amount of inconvenience that we were put through.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura S
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Laura S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We'd like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the power outage during your visit. We also regret the issues you had with the charged and with the hotel management. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for evaluation. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Joel A

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

The mattress and comforter was nice and cozy! I wish I had one! The room had a refrigerator and microwave. It was really nice and clean and everyone was really friendly. The only downfall was our window had a leak and it was raining really hard. It was nice having so many access to tv stations. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We selected this property due to its proximity to KC's Starlight Theater. It is close to Swope Park, 63rd street, and I-435.
However, we almost went elsewhere. I tried booking directly on Holiday Inn Express' website...but it said no room available. My wife suggested I use one of the internet hotel search sites, and this property was included, at a price less that the Hiliday Inn Express site. We booked.
It is a popular property for KC Royal and Chiefs fans. As we checked in, it was obvious that Holiday Inn Express has computer program issues. While were were standing at the front desk, multiple guests had reservation issues. Fortunately, we didn't, probably be cause we booked it though another site.
When checking out, we were not asked about our stay. Maybe they don't care...they have reservation issues?
If asked, I would have told the (nice) desk clerk that: the mattress was totally worn out-you could feel the springs, There is no hot water, only luke warm( and that took me 4-5 minutes to get), there is no grab bar in the shower, and one on the wall, at the rear of the bath-tub, hardly where you 'need' one, the curtains hang over the AirCon unit, so the cool air goes up the curtains, and not into the room, the toilet mysteriously flushes itself throughout the day/night, bad design in the bathroom-the toilet and door(almost) collide, and there is dangerous access entering/exiting the property (a hidden driveway, coming over a hill, on Hwy 350).
Come on Holiday Inn Express-I know you can do better!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Mark43,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. On the other hand, I am sorry for the long wait you had during check-in and the condition of your room fell short of your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M