“Good and Bad!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good and Bad!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

PROS:
Rooms were a very nice size. Big enough to park a scooter and have plenty of room around it.

Convenient access to the KC Convention Center for our meetings.

CONS:
We came back to our room at 10:00 at night on Saturday, and our room had not been cleaned. Beds not made, our dirty towels were still on the floor, no coffee, etc. It was too late to get the room clean, we just got clean towels.

In all of my travels, I have never stayed in a hotel that had water as soft as this one. You could not get the soap off no matter how long you tried. In the shower, this is an accident waiting to happen.

Back to the Marriott for me next time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the size of your room and our location next to the convention center and Power and Light District. I am concerned about your comments that your room was not cleaned. The only time we would not clean a room would be if the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door and then we would still call to see if there is anything a guest may need. I apologize if this was not the case and we missed your room. We do regulate the softness of our water for our guest's comfort, I will look into the degree of softness of our water based on your comments.

I hope to have you back as our guest again in the future.

Jim Wynn, GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I booked an employee rate thru a friend for this hotel. I called an got a courtesy upgrade to a king suite. I was told it had been done. Then I called the day of my reservation to check in early. They told me not only did I NOT get the upgrade, they moved me to a double bed room on the executive level on the top hotel! I hate being that high up but they told me that was all they had. I was dissapointed from there. The bathroom was TINY, the sleep number bed didn't work, and my head was pounding riding up to the 27th floor of the hotel. The "executive level" had the noisest people ever!!!! I called to complain and that did NOTHING. Slamming doors, loud people yelling and children running up and down the halls. I left to have dinner w my boyfriend and hoped people would calm down. It was going well until around 4am sunday morning people started yelling AGAIN. I actually checked out 2 hours EARLY. I don't know if I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Rashedabionka
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Please contact me regsarding your stay. 816-474-6664.

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

The Hotel is located just blocks from Power & Light District/Midland Theatre/Sprint Center. One can park on the street directly across from hotel on weekends free (avoid the $12 parking garage on site). Even though the hotel did some renovations after changing from a Radisson a few years ago, they haven't kept up on the upkeep in lobby/common areas already seeing wear. Biggest negative of this hotel is the beds. They have those adjustable air mattress beds in many of their rooms, on two of my stays, the bed control module was broken and did not provide a reading of what firmness the bed was even on...Hotel desk said they could not assist with that. Also--bed inflation is loud and has to be re inflated after a few hours....a PAIN! If you priceline the hotel, not a bad deal,there is a bar, a starbucks in the lobby and has room service. Is a three star perhaps but definately not a 4star hotel and no pool.

Room Tip: Tell the desk you want a room with a traditional mattress (not the air mattress)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dave k
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Thank you for your comments. This is a great location with easy walking distance to all the downtown activities. I'm sorry if the lobby and public areas seemed worn, we are constantly maintaining those areas. I would like to also apologize for the sleep number beds, we are replacing those soon with traditional beds. We hope to have you back as guest again and if it's in the summertime you can enjoy our outdoor pool.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Friend and I attended an event at the Convention Center and wanted a hotel close. The Front staff was nice, but the problem was with the cleaning crew. When I opened the night table, it seemed that it had not been dusted for years, the worse was when I moved it slightly to plug in the charger for the phone. The night stand had a trompe d'oeil, as it has no drawer, which it was quite inconvenient. Most of hotel night tables do, not this one.

Then, as I took shower, the drain stopper was broken, and no water would drain. We had to use the hotel soap bar to drain the water.

Very noisy and not well calibrated heater.

On the positive side, the beds were comfortable, although did not use the sleep number function, thought would be more of hassle, after reading some of the other reviews. And also very close to the venue, which allowed us to come back to the hotel for rest in between different activities.

Room Tip: higher floor rooms seemed to have better light and view.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the housekeeping and bath tub issues you had during your stay and I hope we took care of that for you. I am glad you enjoyed the beds and location of our hotel.

We look forward to having you back as our guest again in the future.

Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

My family and I stay at the Crowne Plaza each December for a conference next door at Bartle Hall. We've stayed there the past 3 years and have never had any big issues. They always are able to comply with our specific requests. Free WiFi is great and the Starbucks store off the lobby is fantastic!! The hotel is very close (walking distance) to many great restaurants. Thanks for another great stay, Crowne Plaza!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and I am glad to hear you had another great stay with us. We apreciate your patronage for the past three years. You can't beat our location for all the happenings in downtown.

I look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you visit Kansas City.