“Not too easy to find, but a very comfortable place.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport
Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Not too easy to find, but a very comfortable place.”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed one night here. Very comfortable, apartment feel place. Quiet and slept well. Love the separate sleeping area from kitchen/living area.

A little tough to find (glad I had a GPS!). The room key was a little cantankerous but the stay was very pleasant. If you have business in this area, I'd highly recommend this as a place for a stay. Even so for families too.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank hatlad
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
West US
Reviewed 17 September 2011

This is a decent suite-type hotel near KCI. I often stay at Homewood Suites. I was able to secure a rate below $100 and so, at that price, believe it to be of good value. I appreciate the space that this one-bedroom suite provided. Kitchen included microwave, dishwasher, two-burner stove, and full-sized refrigerator. Used their airport shuttle, which is coordinated with Embassy Suites. Drivers were courteous. I later picked-up a car and liked that the parking was free. Despite the property's proximity to KCI, I never heard an airplane. The fellow at check-in was welcoming. Housekeeping was responsive when I had a question. The room was clean. Towels were absorbent, shower functioned well, and the bathroom was spacious. Options for breakfast were several and the meal was included in the rate. I did not go to the evening reception/meal which was also included. For these reasons, I thought the stay at this Homewood Suites was worth the under $100 rate. I would have been dissatisfied if I had to pay more than $100. Here are some of the reasons: Internet access was free, but slow. The two televisions suffered from a weak signal and so most stations were not always accessible (though some bad Showtime movies were available). The printer was out of service in the business center (with a note of apology at the entrance). I had to have my ironing board switched-out because it could not stand up without collapsing. And the room could use some updating. Also, please improve the quality of breakfast. Scrambled eggs are frequently "thin" and omelettes are often "chewy. I hope that Hilton continues to make improvements to its Homewood Suites properties. I'm a business traveler who most frequently bunks at a Hilton or Marriott property. Of late, Hilton properties have been less expensive than Marriott properties. But it seems to me that more Marriott properties are in better shape than Hilton properties. I used to think of these two businesses as offering comparable properties. Overall, an average stay but at a good rate for a one-bedroom suite accommodation.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank JRLAW
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This Homewood takes pride in their hotel. The room was excellent, comfortable bed, large room with fireplace overlooking the courtyard. Nice pool, basketball court, hot tub. Breakfast and light dinner are very well done, with quality foods considering it is free. Parking is free, and airport shuttle is willing to take you to Zona Rosa and other nearby shopping areas.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Requested a non smoking rooms and got a smoking room. Booked the room through Orbitz and the clerk at the front desk said that Orbitz gave them the choice. No apology. No non smoking rooms available.

There are many hotels right around this one... choose another.

• Stayed October 2010
EmbassyKCI, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 21 October 2010
Thank you your feedback on the unavailability of our non-smoking rooms. We apologize a non-smoking room was not available for you when you arrived. We checked our Orbitz reservations for the month and found only a couple -- both with "no preference" listed for the room type. When we assign guests into specific rooms, we look to these preferences and place them accordingly. Not seeing a preference, you were placed in a smoking room.

I do apologize for the Desk Clerk's unsympathetic tone. That is never acceptable.

Currently, the Hotel has 106 non-smoking rooms & 10 smoking rooms. The Hotel is under renovation. We will contact our management company to see if we may convert some of our smoking rooms into non-smoking rooms. That would better serve our growing number of non-smoking guests. Thank you, again, for your comments.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 October 2010

It was the little things that made my visit less than optimal.

First I showed up a little after 7:00 pm after a ridiculously long day of travel. I asked if the manager's reception was still going on because I was starving. I got the brush off saying they ran out of food long ago and I could order room service from the Embassy Suites down the street. I am a Diamond member and even though I was just making small talk, I sort of expected that they'd at least offer me a candy bar out of courtesy from their sale pantry. Really, all I wanted was sympathy.

I got to the room and found a used wash cloth hanging from the shower curtain rail. Then I noticed the clock (the kind that the Hilton chain uses that can't be adjusted) was about 4.5 hours off. Not big deals, but I expected more.

I hope the management can take a step back and really evaluate the little things that irritate their guests.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
My apologies for your "less than optimal" visit to our hotel. Our goal is to make everyone's stay, regardless of length, enjoyable and comfortable. I have addressed with our staff the service deficiencies mentioned in your review. The next weary, late-night traveler will receive a warmer reception. Housekeeping will pay more attention to the details in our rooms. Thank you, again, for your feedback.