All reviews coffee maker in room country club plaza room was clean home away from home awesome location the general manager restaurants and shopping showtime microwave laundry westport
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The room was a good size and love the location but the bathroom had mold and maybe the AC did as well. I ended up with one of the worst allergy attacks ever. So be careful if you are allergic to mold and need to use the AC.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please be assured we will take the necessary actions to ensure this is properly addressed. Thank you for being our guest, and we hope we have another chance to make a better impression in the future.
Hotel Management

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Stayed here while in KC to help celebrate a birthday. Arrived about 4 and was quickly checked in. The girls working there were very friendly and accommodating. Arrived at our room #129. At first glance, it appeared very nice. Flooring, paint schemes and furniture were up to date. We really appreciate having the mini kitchen but soon found that the room didn't come with any amenities. No shampoo or conditioner. No hair dryer and all we were given for soap was a small disk of soap. My wife did call the front desk and requested a hair dryer and shampoo which they offered there. While we did appreciate having a kitchen, there was only a few pots but no utensils or silverware. As I was looking for silverware I found that the drawers were dirty with stuff left from previous visitors.When I later took a shower, the caulking and the shower curtain were full of mold. On the good side, there was good water pressure with plenty of hot water. The beds were fairly hard with cheap linens. Overall, I've stayed at better places for less money. I probably wouldn't refer this property to anyone I know nor would I stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for your review. Although your stay was pleasant in some aspects, we are sorry for the cleanliness issues you encountered while being here. Be assured your concerns have been shared with our Housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service moving forward. Counting on your kind generosity to accept our apologies, we hope you will consider a return visit.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night only (thank goodness) at the Extended Stay America just off I 35 at 69th street in Kansas City, Kansas. The rate was good, but the good stopped there. Damp smelly room (obviously someone had smoked there) cracks in the flooring, black water bugs crawling everywhere. Gross. I stayed for the night but never again. You can do better. ..but then better would be pretty easy.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Please accept our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. Cleanliness is a top priority to all of our employees, and we do not take these issues lightly. We will address this matter with our housekeeping department in order to ensure changes are made immediately to solve these problems. Please consider giving us another opportunity to restore a favorable impression of our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Right in the middle of Westport I believe is the area. Not far from downtown and plenty of shopping. Decent area with the city feel.This is I guess your typical extended stay.
I was a little upset that housekeeping threw away my expense receipts and I've been trying to get a hold of the manager Ivette. Having spoke to her once, she got all of my info and told me I would get a call back I haven't heard from her in a week. I will be taking things a step further, nothing that I will aire here. I however am displeased with the lack on management part to get back to me. Before I called I told the front desk lady what happened three days straight. That's when I finally had to call myself and still nothing. Management is not that great here, in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 747dcworldtraveler
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

We appreciate your candid comments about your stay. We are disappointed to read your feedback, and we apologize for your less than stellar stay. Our team prides itself on delivering nice hospitality, so we're sorry this was not your experience with us. Rest assured that we take these reviews seriously and then fine-tune procedures to help ensure we do not repeat mistakes. We hope you will consider giving us another chance so we can make this up to you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I brought an entire group here while in KC to shoot a music video and the frontman of the band found huge, visible bed bugs in his room on his last night. I had to move my entire crew to another hotel at 2am on 7/22/17.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.