1,306 results
All reviews convention center main tower power and light district the concierge lounge power strip stayed at the marriott lobby bar typical marriott top floor within walking distance attending a conference guest services self park coffee maker valet parking elevator skywalk
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not sure if the entire hotel has been renovated yet but this is the second time I e stayed here and the entire floors has been nicely updated. The colors are the newest grays brand new Marriott’s are using and the bathroom remodel looks as though it was completely gutted. Nice that they didn’t just wallpaper/paint but even the old tubs have been removed from both rooms.

The concierge lounge was nicely stocked and the light food was well kept. Service was great and parking under the hotel is easy. Close location to anything downtown and a fine place to stay for a convention or work.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed the newly renovated guest rooms. We have made many changes to the rooms and our guests are enjoying the comfort and the new style. We have completed renovations in the Muehlebach tower. We are currently renovating the Marriott tower and we are hoping this tower will be completed by the end of the summer in 2019. We are very close to many local attractions and I am pleased you found that convenient. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott hotels. We hope to see you again in the future, when your travels bring you back to the Kansas City area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wish I could give 3.5 stars -- 3 for the wait check-in and 4 for hotel services.
The Marriott in downtown KC is actually 2 buildings connected via a sky bridge. Check-in can take a while because they have 2 people on staff even when there are large groups checking in: I truly wish hotels would fix this bottleneck.
The large lobby has several TVs and a nice bar, with various seating formats-- cubbies with sofas, high tops, lounge chairs and tables for large parties. The food menu in the lobby is quite good for small bites.
What I liked best about this hotel is the room service. This seems to be a new format that Marriott is testing. All orders are delivered in a take-out style with recyclable disposable containers so you don't have to bother with a large tray and having to call for pick up. You can also order and then go to their large restaurant for instant pick up. Another huge plus is their gym. It's on the top floor and has a great pool with a ping pong table. You can ask the attendant for special items like foam rollers and Thera bands.
Aside from the check-in, I had some other complaints that took stars away from this rating: they were fixing something in the room adjacent to mine and I heard drilling, loud voices and furniture being moved until 10pm on a Saturday night. Also, the TV in one of our rooms did not work.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Valerie M, Director of Rooms at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate feedback from our guests, and hope that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for noise issues that you experienced. Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate departments for training purposes. I hope that you will select our hotel for future trips to Kansas City, and we will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at Marriott Downtown because it was the conference hotel. Underground parking was on-site for $19/day and easy to navigate. There is no direct access into the hotel but it is easy to take the elevator up to ground level and step across the drive to the front doors. I opted to check in at the desk rather than use my app. I wanted to be sure to get a renovated room. I was not originally assigned such a room by my request was immediately granted. Accessing the renovated section was via the skywalk on the 2nd floor. Navigating the elevators was interesting as they are managed via a touchpad rather than buttons. It felt more efficient. My guestroom was amble in space and well appointed. The only negatives were the absence of microwaves in guest rooms and the soda vending machines (not present on all floors) that were "sold out" of every option and failed to return the $2 in quarters (fell for that trick on 2 different floors). I spent 2 evenings in the fitness center. It was very well equipped with a variety of machines, free weights, clean towels and water -- and the view from it's perch on the 22nd floor was spectacular day or night. Finally, the staff was very hospitable. The conference team did a good job attending to food/drink stations and keeping the breakout rooms going.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
David T, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, we appreciate all feedback and use it to help us to continue to improve our hotel operations. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay; I do apologize for the issues with the vending machines and will make sure that they are stocked and checked for proper function to prevent similar problems in the future. We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Kansas City.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Conference facilities are nice. The staff have been wonderful. The food has been very good. Rooms are clean and the beds fairly comfortable for a hotel. The showers need more water pressure. The location is easy to get to and there are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the water pressure issue and will make sure of engineering staff looks into it and makes any necessary adjustments. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The public areas are very nice. Then when you get to the room it's a different story. The room I was in on the 6th floor was very noisy from the street below. I overlooked the main entrance. The windows were very drafty, so my room was cold. There was also no hot water in my shower, just warm I took a very cold shower, shivering when I got out. Additionally, the shower drain was very slow. The sink water did get hot. The room was clean, just in need of renovation. The 2nd day, I decided not to even take a shower before checking out.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the public areas of our hotel. We are currently renovating our guest rooms. We have completed the Muehlebach tower and we are continuing in the Marriott Tower. We have been receiving many compliments of the new look of our guest rooms and we will hopefully be completed by mid year in 2019. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the temperature of the water in your room. I have shared your feedback with the Engineering team to ensure that we have made corrections moving forward. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Kansas City.