1,276 results
All reviewsconvention centermain towerpower and light districtthe concierge loungepower striplobby barwithin walking distancetop floorattending a conferenceguest servicesself parkcoffee makervalet parkingelevatorskywalkmetropolitanelite
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a mess! The rooms are outdated, beds are blown out, comforter was falling apart. They lost my ups package and cost my meeting to be delayed, they had mouths flying in the room. Just awful.

Stayed: June 2017
David T, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay and appreciate the feedback so that we can continue to improve our hotel operations. Please accept my apologies that your room did not meet expectations. We are in the process of renovating all of our guest rooms starting in our East Tower. I will share your comments with our Housekeeping and Engineering staff to make sure any such issues that you described are addressed and corrected. I hope you will stay with us again in the future to see our progress and so that we can provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The is a conveniently located hotel. We were able to park and walk to Power & Light district, Municipal Auditorium, or to the KC Rail to take it to other areas of downtown KC. The best part was the staff at the hotel. Top notch service during checking, at the bar, and at breakfast the next morning. The staff is very friendly and has a "can do" attitude. The hotel is a bit dated and could use a refresh, but I would happily take great service with a dated room.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit. I am happy to hear that our staff were friendly and assisted you with anything you may have needed. They strive to be brilliant hosts to all of our guests. We are currently renovating our guest rooms. We are almost finished with the Muehlebach tower and we will be soon starting on the Marriott Tower. The guest rooms look fabulous. We are very close to many local attractions as well as the streetcar. I am glad you were able to see part of our city while you were with us. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Kansas City.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Since this is in a busy area a tip of your staying is to go into the garage and take a ticket to enter and park. Then go through the parking garage with your luggage and check in. You will use your room key and you discard the ticket. Downloaded the app before hand so our room was ready when we arrived and makes it easy to check out. When leaving use the room key and swipe it then deposit the room key in the box. Room was nice. Pillows always too fluffy for me. Hotel is very nice. Elevators are state of the art and take a minute to get used too. You select your floor from a kiosk then you have to take the correct elevator. Once inside there are no floor buttons. Kind of confusing. Staff is awesome and very helpful. The bar and restart are upscale. Would be great for business traveling. Would stay here again with out a doubt. The area sounding after dark was a little sketchy with concerts going on seemed like a lot of weirdos in the area. Lots of Police everything so you feel safe. There is an upscale grocery store a couple blocks to the east where you can pick up anything.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
David T, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post the feedback from your recent stay. Thanks for the tips on using the garage and I am glad to hear that you like the new elevator system. It does take a little getting used to but we have found it provides much faster and more reliable service than the old system. There are a lot of concerts in the area at various venues, I am aware of the night you mentioned with the interesting people in the area. I am not sure what event was going on that night but please know that it was a first for us also and by no means is typical of the people in the area attending concerts on a regular basis. We hope that your travels will bring you back to Kansas City soon and that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I really like this hotel. The first reason is because it is centrally located to both the city-center and convention halls. The second reason is because the front desk and bell staff are extremely helpful and focused on delivering an exceptional experience from the moment you walk through the door.

After a long day, it is nice to be greeted by a friendly smile. Sometimes that is all it takes to change a frustrating day into a positive one.

The food at the restaurant and bar area is very good. I had soup several nights (as I was fighting a cold) and it was delicious.

The rooms are of good quality and beds are very comfortable.

The walk to the Kansas City Power and Light District is easy to do too. Lots of terrific restaurants within a few blocks that will satisfy every taste. I also love that they have a state of the art multi-plex two blocks away (more like an art house, but they show 1st run movies).

If you are looking to stay close to the action, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you liked our hotel for the location and the friendly service from our staff at the Front Desk and the Bellman. We are very close to many local attractions and I am pleased that you found them very convenient to our hotel. Our Culinary team takes great pride in the selection of food options and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the soup while you were under the weather. We do hope that you are feeling better. Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to others. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

A nice downtown hotel and what you would expect in other downtown areas around the country. The concierge lounge is one of the better ones I've experienced and an enjoyable decorative motif. The lobby area is pleasant with the fountains making it feel a little zen like. The rooms are average and are getting to the point of needing updates, but it's a nice hotel overall and consistent with what you would expect from a downtown Marriott.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
David T, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay along with the lounge and lobby areas. I do apologize if the rooms did not meet expectations, but I an happy to let you know that we are in the process of renovating all of our rooms and have already completed a good number of the floors in our East Tower. The new room design is much more modern and functional and has been getting rave reviews. I hope you will stay with us again so that you can see our progress for yourself.