1,276 results
All reviewsconvention centermain towerpower and light districtthe concierge loungepower striplobby barwithin walking distancetop floorattending a conferenceguest servicesself parkcoffee makervalet parkingelevatorskywalkmetropolitanelite
Reviewed 4 October 2017

This hotel is at very convenient location to some great jazz clubs, the convention center, and other downtown locations. It is clean with well appointed rooms and a nice lobby. We didn't eat there. I would recommend this hotel. Bear in mind you probably have to pay about $20 for parking.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the many local attractions nearby. We appreciate you recommending our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Room was clean. Hallway smelled a little. The faucet in the tub was mislabeled, so my daughter took a cold shower before realizing the mistake! LOL! Staff was super friendly. I had called 3 months prior to ask about parking and was told the parking was free. When I went to check out, they added $19 per day for parking. Fortunately, they quickly took that charge off.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room accommodations and the friendly service. I would like to apologize that you were misinformed from our staff about the parking and with the faucet in the tub being mislabeled. We will ensure that we make corrections moving forward. We do hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Kansas City area.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This hotel is in a fantastic location! It's walking distance to a Catholic cathedral, the Power and Light District, the City Market (River Market), and many restaurants. The room wasn't the best room I've stayed in, but the fitness center made up for it! Incredible views, tons of equipment, daily workouts, TVs, smoothies and protein shakes and spacious locker rooms. Beautiful hotel lobby, too! People in the hallway and neighbors were a bit loud Saturday night.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to send your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the Fitness Center. We are currently renovating our guest rooms and we do have a few floors back in service. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the noise from other guests that were nearby. We do have a 24 hour Security staff on property to assist if needed. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed at the downtown Marriott, and wow what a disappointment the room was.

We stayed in room number 571. Constant issues with the sink be plug, horrible (first day) musky smell in the room.

After 5 attempts within our first two days of us staying there, they never got it to stay unclogged. On the last attempt, the room flooded with water and the carpet was completely soaked. (Disgusting)

I finally went down and complained to the front desk, they were kind enough to move us to room 471, right below the leaky smelly room.
(you can’t make this stuff up)

Anyway, this hotel is in need of serious improvement. Until they get it remodeled, I would recommend staying here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments. We would like to apologize again for the inconveniences you experienced with the maintenance concerns and with having to change rooms. I can assure you that this is not the norm. I have shared your feedback with our hotel teams to ensure that we have made corrections. We do have a few floors that have been renovated. We have been receiving many compliments from our guests on the new look of our rooms. I do hope that you will give our hotel a second chance in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay! Newly remodeled! Quiet rooms! Everything was comfortable and nice with the exception of the noisy vent fans in the bathroom! May have been a city code etc! I would stay again in a heartbeat! Friendly and helpful staff and great food in the restaurants!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you liked the newly renovated room and that you found it comfortable. I will share the noise from the vent fan to our Engineering team to see if these can be quieter. I am glad you enjoyed the great food and the friendly service from our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.