1,276 results
All reviewsconvention centermain towerpower and light districtthe concierge loungepower striplobby barwithin walking distancetop floorattending a conferenceguest servicesself parkcoffee makervalet parkingelevatorskywalkmetropolitanelite
Reviewed 30 August 2017

The best hotel in the downtown area around the convention center, had a wonderful view from the 17th floor. I a chance to see the eclipse from my room as well . They have the best elevator system that all hotels need to adopt .

Room Tip: My thing is always stay above the 4th floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the view from your room on the 17th floor. The Eclipse was great to see from our location. We have received many compliments from our guests on our elevator system. We are happy to hear that you found it to be efficient. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights while attending a conference. The location was close to the convention center which made for an easy walk. As others have said the hotel has two buildings and unfortunately I was put in the one across the street. The building is old and could probably use some updates. The rooms were decorated fine but due to size there were 2 double beds instead of Queen beds. The beds was comfortable and there was great water pressure in the shower.

The service in the restaurants in the main lobby was very slow. The breakfast buffet was good but it took forever to get our check both mornings. I also ate in the bar area and it took 35 minutes to get a flat bread pizza which was ridiculous. I smartly asked for the check immediately when the pizza finally came.

I would stay here again but I would shop around first to see what else was available.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments. We are pleased that you liked the location of our hotel and that you found it convenient to the Convention Center. We do operate our hotel with two towers. We have started our guest room renovation in the East Tower. Once that tower is completed we will start in the Marriott West tower. All of the furniture and the decor will be changing. The bathrooms and closets will be remodeled as well as many more upgrades to the rooms. Our double beds are also being replaced with queen size beds. We are very excited for the new look our guest room will have. We do have a few floors that have been completed and we hopefully will be completed within the next year. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the delay in service in the outlets. I have shared your comments with our hotel team. I do hope that you will choose to stay at our hotel again if your travels bring you back to the Kansas City area.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I had read on here that some of this Marriot's rooms were updated and some were not. I was able to get one of the updated rooms and I'm glad we did. The beds were great, the decor was new and nice. We were in the Mulebach tower. It was slightly confusing to get there, but we figured it out. We stayed on the 15th floor, room 1506.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are delighted that you liked our newly renovated guest room accommodations. We have been receiving many compliments from our guests and we are very pleased with the outcome of the rooms. Our guest room renovation is ongoing and we hope to have it finished with in the next year. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with navigating from one tower to the other. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is within a few blocks of the convention center and the Power and Light district (dining and entertainment). They have made some updates to the hotel, such as the efficient elevator system (you select which floor you are going to and it tells you which elevator to get into...there are no buttons inside the elevator), but the hotel could still use some updates. The light fixtures in my bathroom were rusted and the paint was cracked on the back of the bathroom door. The room was quiet and very comfortable. It had a couch and chair with an ottoman. It was great for relaxing after returning from working at the convention center.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed the location of our hotel as we are very close to many local attractions. We completed our public area and meeting room renovations and we just recently started our guest room renovations. All of the furniture and decor is changing and we are very excited for the new look our guest rooms will have. We are pleased that your room accommodations were quiet and comfortable for you. I have notified the appropriate hotel team to ensure that the maintenance concerns you mentioned are corrected. We do hope you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Kansas City and see our newly renovated guest rooms.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Check-in process was fairly easy especially for the size of the crowd, bellman was courteous and helpful, room was clean and in order. room location was in the older building but it was well maintained, our window view was not appealing. The small shops and restaurant offerings were pleasant and offered variety. Ammenities were the customary. Check-out was fairly easy except that we left early in the morning and bellman service was not yet available.

Room Tip: older building closer to the Convention Center and Arena, walk from newer building was not conducive for someone with health issues.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time here at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown. I am happy to hear that our staff were courteous and assisted you with anything you may have needed. I am very sorry that we did not have a bellman available upon your departure. We will ensure that we have the proper staffing in place. We do hope to see you again in the future if your travels bring you back to Kansas City.