1,276 results
All reviewsconvention centermain towerpower and light districtthe concierge loungepower striplobby barwithin walking distancetop floorattending a conferenceguest servicesself parkcoffee makervalet parkingelevatorskywalkmetropolitanelite
Reviewed 22 April 2016

While in KC for a biannual meeting I decided to try a restaurant in a different hotel from the one I was staying at.which restaurant left something to be desired. Service was speedy and non intrusive. Longest delay was in paying the check, I started off with the soup of the day which was a chicken tortilla which was very flavorful just a little spicy for my taste. Should the staff have warned this dish was spicy? Maybe I should has known it was spicy. I then ordered the KC strip which I ordered with a strip of pink. The waiter said medium well. What I got had no pink but I didn't say anything about it. It came with 2 sides which I picked the loaded bake potato along with the American Royal winner. Best of all they have 18 different wines from Rose to Cabs sorted from light to full bodied. Very reasonable prices for a downtown hotel

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding our Metropolitan KC Restaurant. I am sharing your comments and suggestions to the appropriate hotel teams to ensure we make corrections with our product and with our service. I am pleased that you liked the many different varieties of wine that we have to offer. We do hope that you will come visit again when your meetings bring you back to the Kansas City area.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

Here for a volleyball tournament. It doesn't seem like the hotel is equipped to handle this many people. A long wait at check in, can't access the elevators because of the long check in line. The rooms are not family friendly. No refrigerators, no hair dryers, $16 for breakfast is a bit steep if you ask me. They charge $18 PER DAY to park on the property, it is not included in your room rate. I hope the stay gets better because right now it is definitely not worth the price I paid.

Room Tip: Ask for main building, not the tower.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. Our goal is to provide 100% guest satisfaction and it seems we have failed you on that. I will be sharing all of your comments with our management team and we will ensure we are properly staffed to assist our guests. In our upcoming guest room renovation we will be adding refrigerators to all of our guest rooms. We do have hair dryers in our guest rooms and at this time they are located in the closet. Thank you again and we do hope that you will choose our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

y previous excellent visit was certainly not a fluke. Another 4 day stay, not one complaint. First class from the valet, to the front desk, to the concierge,housekeeping, bartenders, waitresses, etc., etc.

Room Tip: The Junior suite is very accommodating
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent visit. We are delighted that you had another wonderful experience at our property. I am pleased that all of our staff are Brilliant hosts to you and assist you with anything you need. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

When we arrived we were in the wrong hotel the Marriott has 2 hotels but it's the same 1 hotel they are connected but a walk way on the 3rd or 4 th story.
When I got to my room there was no refrigerator or microwave. We were there 3 nights 4 days. The closest was missing a door. The bathroom was pretty tiny also.
Our view was less than satisfying. It was a dingy roof top that had something shady going on near it.

No free meals there breakfast you paid 15.00 for was a simple continental breakfast set up nice. Don't waste your time. Go across the street to the silver spoon. Little dinner foods not to bad and cheap!! Best food is the Cosentino's it's not to bad of a walk and it really amazing breakfast, lunch, dinner prices arent bad either.

Parking was pretty expensive but it is underground and right across the street from the hotel or you can use the elevator to go down to the parking level.

There is a very cool part to this hotel but you do t have to stay here to go see it. In the mulenbusch section of the hotel there is a stair well that goes to a lower section which is the old hotel entry/ front desk.
I got some good pics of my son next to the beautiful old stairwell and elevators.

recap- not worth the price I paid per night for not refrigerator, microwave , broken closet door and No free breakfast. But go to visit the old front desk section!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. The Muehlebach original Front Desk/Lobby is historic and we receive many compliments from our guests who see it. I am glad you were able to take great pictures in it with your family. We do operator our hotel with two towers with a Skywalk in between. In our upcoming guest room renovation we will be adding refrigerators to all our guest rooms. At this time we will not be adding microwaves, but we do have them available for our guests use in the Sundry Shops in both Lobby areas. We have food options at our hotel as well as surrounding areas near our hotel. I will alert our Engineering and Housekeeping staff of the room concerns so we can make corrections moving forward. We do hope that you will choose our hotel again if your travels bring you back to Kansas City.

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

Typical nice Marriott property. Hotel is 2 buildings with a skywalk between them which is a nice feature. The air conditioner in my room didn't seem to work very well but it wasn't that hot in April. Great location to walk down to local restaurants and bars.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
David T, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your nice comments. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of the local attractions downtown. I do apologize about the issue with your air conditioner and will make sure our team is checking them so it can be identified and fixed. I hope you will stay with us again the next time your in Kansas City.