1,276 results
All reviewsconvention centermain towerpower and light districtthe concierge loungepower striplobby barwithin walking distancetop floorattending a conferenceguest servicesself parkcoffee makervalet parkingelevatorskywalkmetropolitanelite
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

When we arrived we were in the wrong hotel the Marriott has 2 hotels but it's the same 1 hotel they are connected but a walk way on the 3rd or 4 th story.
When I got to my room there was no refrigerator or microwave. We were there 3 nights 4 days. The closest was missing a door. The bathroom was pretty tiny also.
Our view was less than satisfying. It was a dingy roof top that had something shady going on near it.

No free meals there breakfast you paid 15.00 for was a simple continental breakfast set up nice. Don't waste your time. Go across the street to the silver spoon. Little dinner foods not to bad and cheap!! Best food is the Cosentino's it's not to bad of a walk and it really amazing breakfast, lunch, dinner prices arent bad either.

Parking was pretty expensive but it is underground and right across the street from the hotel or you can use the elevator to go down to the parking level.

There is a very cool part to this hotel but you do t have to stay here to go see it. In the mulenbusch section of the hotel there is a stair well that goes to a lower section which is the old hotel entry/ front desk.
I got some good pics of my son next to the beautiful old stairwell and elevators.

recap- not worth the price I paid per night for not refrigerator, microwave , broken closet door and No free breakfast. But go to visit the old front desk section!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

Thank you for your feedback. The Muehlebach original Front Desk/Lobby is historic and we receive many compliments from our guests who see it. I am glad you were able to take great pictures in it with your family. We do operator our hotel with two towers with a Skywalk in between. In our upcoming guest room renovation we will be adding refrigerators to all our guest rooms. At this time we will not be adding microwaves, but we do have them available for our guests use in the Sundry Shops in both Lobby areas. We have food options at our hotel as well as surrounding areas near our hotel. I will alert our Engineering and Housekeeping staff of the room concerns so we can make corrections moving forward. We do hope that you will choose our hotel again if your travels bring you back to Kansas City.

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

Typical nice Marriott property. Hotel is 2 buildings with a skywalk between them which is a nice feature. The air conditioner in my room didn't seem to work very well but it wasn't that hot in April. Great location to walk down to local restaurants and bars.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
David T, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your nice comments. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of the local attractions downtown. I do apologize about the issue with your air conditioner and will make sure our team is checking them so it can be identified and fixed. I hope you will stay with us again the next time your in Kansas City.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

I was excited about staying in the downtown Marriott, however that was short-lived once I arrived. The room locked basic amenities promised on the website, old rooms. Also two totally separate buildings, expect to pay an exorbitant daily fee for parking. Also, very disappointed that the hotel will not honor group discounts previously promised.
Room was dirty, with things like the lamps being unplugged. For The price paid I would expect so much more. Very disappointing

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you did not have a great experience at our hotel. We do have an upcoming guest room renovation that will be starting towards the later part of 2016. We do operate our hotel with two guest room towers as well as having meeting room space in both towers. Our Sales Team can assist you in the future with group reservations. If your travels bring you back to the Kansas City area I do hope that you will give our hotel another chance.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

We stayed for one night to attend a concert at the Sprint Center. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the Center and all of the dining and drinking establishments in the Power and Light District. Hard to beat the location.

The staff at the hotel were very good - especially the valet drivers. I was nervous about having someone drive/park my car and the parking was not at the hotel (down a block and across a street?). They were very understanding and reassuring and took excellent care. The front desk staff was also very efficient - check in took less than 5 minutes.

We really enjoyed the lobby/bar area. It appears to be upgraded and very comfortable. I thought drinks/food prices were high but that could be location driven.

The room was tired and in need of an update - definitely did not match the lobby area. It was clean and the view was very good.

I would definitely stay again - but only based on location. The price was very high compared to the value received.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you chose our hotel to stay at as we are very close to the Sprint Center and the Power & Light District. I am glad that our staff assisted you and gave you great service through out our hotel. In the later part of 2016 we will be starting our guest room renovation in both towers. We are very excited for the changes. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

This hotel has an excellent location, especially if you have an event in the convention center that is steps away. But consider what you might get when you book your room.

This hotel has two buildings. They are connected by a bridge that spans the busy streets. One is old, they have made an attempt to preserve this old structure. That is an admirable thing to do since it appears to be a significant structure in the city. But they really need to do something about the interior and the feeling it coveys. The other is a new modern building. That is where the cab dropped me off and I assumed it is where I would be staying ... but not so. Imagine my surprise when I was told to cross the bridge to the old structure. I suggest you ask for a room in the new building.

My room needs help. It isn't creepy or dirty, this is not a reflection on housekeeping. But it simply needs some sprucing up. I do have a nice view of the park and convention center and found the bridge convenient for getting to the facilities in the new building. Please fix this. This great old structure deserves better than to have people sad that they are staying there.

I found a great grocery store a couple of blocks away that has a fabulous carry out area. Super if you want to work while you eat as I often do when traveling on business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed the view from your guest room and that you found the Cosentino's grocery store very convenient to our hotel. We have an upcoming guest room renovation that will be starting towards the later part of 2016 for both guest room towers. All of the furniture and the décor will be changing. We are very excited for the new look our guest rooms will have. The Muehlebach Tower Function space is historic and we get many compliments from our guests on the history of this space. We have many groups that reserve this space for meetings or receptions. We hope that you will choose our hotel again in the future if your travels bring you back to Kansas City.