1,313 results
All reviews convention center main tower power and light district the concierge lounge stayed at the marriott lobby bar typical marriott top floor attending a conference guest services self park coffee maker valet parking elevator skywalk garage concert
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed here with a few friends for one night. The rooms were nothing exceptional but they were somewhat updated and very clean. The beds were nice and had plenty of pillow choices. The A/C had a tough time keeping up. Noise was never a problem. We only had to wait for the elevators a few times. The entry/lobby was huge and seemed nice as well. Parking was easily accessible and $13/day for self-park.

Room tip: Ask for view to the south
1  Thank RustyNail1122
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Friday night wasn't so bad but Saturday night was pretty much sleepless in Kansas City! I was here for a conference at the trade center which is just 1/2 a block away and very convenient. I called to complain about the hallway noise twice and the first time security came and I could hear the threat to throw the party animals out. When I called the second time security hadn't come by the time I left. The front desk told me that it had been a terrible night both in the hotel and at the front desk. I asked the security guard standing outside as I grabbed a cab at 4:15am and he told me this is in the red light district and well known to have partying problems on the weekends. There is not way to avoid this is your staying there for a conference so my suggestion is to leave before Sat. night!
Room service was timely, but there was only 3 scrimp added to the salad I paid an extra amount for shrimp to be added. One of the other conference attendees told me she was in the old section of the hotel and that it was a little creepy and in need of complete updating.
They do have convenient service for mailing back large boxes and that was pretty easy. So I'll at least give them a 2. By the way the taxi trip to the airport early Sunday morning was $45.00. This is to early for Super Shuttle which as only $18.00 one way from the airport.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed at the Marriott and enjoyed the great view of the downtown airport and fireworks. We were there over July 4th and there were fireworks everywhere you looked. The room was spacious and I especially enjoyed the shower. Good water pressure.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

A group of us stayed here over the weekend in mid July. We are a young group who really enjoyed the downtown location. It is within walking distance to the P & L District, The Quaff Tavern on Broadway, and The Sprint Center, as well as many other downtown hotspots. There is a park right across the street from the front door. We found a surface parking lot for $5 a block north of the hotel. FYI you don't have to feed the meters on the weekends. The rooms were spacious with a small sitting area near the window. Flat screen TVs in the rooms. Bathrooms are nice. We had double beds in the rooms with 2 beds. A hotel in this price range should have, at least, queen beds standard in all rooms. The beds were really soft, though. No refrigerator or microwave in the room. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would return to the hotel for the excellent location.

1  Thank Sweetwood112
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed two nights while attending a conference. Our room was in the old Muehlebach tower. This part of the hotel is showing it's age. Some may find it to be a charming historical experience, I would have preferred more modern accomodations. Except for the heavy, hard-slamming doors, our floor would have been quiet. The bathroom was another thing. If the light was on, so was the vent fan. And, it was NOISY. It was enough to make you want to brush your teeth in the dark. Our commode sounded like an airplane's commode on steroids. It had tremendous suction and did the job in spades, but it left no one sleeping nearby.
The bedding was very comfortable, although I would have preferred a lighter blanket since the AC was struggling to cool the room. The TV was a fairly new flat screen and worked fine. No problems finding an open outlet for charging phones. I'm still unclear as to whether the wireless internet was free or not. Normally, if it is included with the room, I will use it. If the hotel charges for it, just forget it. Everyone on staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Their people are their best asset.
The meeting rooms were kept very cool, as usual. I've learned to dress for it, but I heard several saying that they were uncomfortably cold. The food provided during our meetings was excellent. I didn't visit the restaurant or pool, so I can't comment.

• Trip type: Travelled on business