1,276 results
All reviewsconvention centermain towerpower and light districtthe concierge loungepower striplobby barwithin walking distancetop floorattending a conferenceguest servicesself parkcoffee makervalet parkingelevatorskywalkmetropolitanelite
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I have stayed here for a week recently on business and overall it is OK although not one of the better Marriotts. The rooms are a bit dated and need to be redone, at least in the old, historic tower. The doors to the rooms are heavy and impossible to close quietly so every time someone comes in or leaves the noise is incredibly high. Not a relaxing hotel to sleep in due to the doors. Staff is very nice and helpful but does not make up for the interrupted sleep. Hilton a couple of blocks away will be my next stop when I come back for business.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelNowSwUsa
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My teenaged daughter and I spent two nights here on a 'mother daughter getaway'. The front entrance of the hotel is under renovation; there is no place to pull up, load bags, etc. The hotel has a parking garage too; but some genius decided that while the front of the property was completely torn up that would be a good time to close off half of the parking garage at a time for re-painting of stripes and replacement of ceiling tiles. ARGH!
Saturday evening the garage was 'full' (half full actually since half was closed due to renovation) and I had to park across the street in a metropolitan garage. The Marriott has a reciprocal agreement with this garage that one can park there for the same fee as at the Marriott IF one goes into the hotel first to get a voucher, which one cannot do easily, as the front of the hotel is ripped up and there is no place to pull up and go inside.
The management of the hotel credited me one night of parking since I had to pay to park in the other garage, which I thought was fair. They were nice about it.
But in spite of the good location, directly across from the Convention Center, this is a place to be avoided until the renovations are completed. And the front desk gentleman told me that after the parking garage and front renovations are finished, the remodeling will continue on inside the hotel, beginning with the lobby.
My advice is stay somewhere else for the next 6 month, maybe a year and call first before booking to check on the status of the remodeling project! Rates are not discounted at this time either so it's not worth it to put up with the inconvenience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I was just at this hotel for a conference. The conference was actually at another hotel a block away but this is where we stayed. I have to say, I was very impressed with the hotel but the hotel staff was not as responsive as some of the other Marriott hotels I have stayed at. I called asking for some small items and the desk clerk told me I would have to come to the front desk to get them. While I don't really mind getting dressed after a long day and tracking down to the front desk, I really wish they would have offered to have it delivered to my room.

The Concierge Club was on the 20th floor and was nice, but was small. There was not that many chairs but I love the Marriott Concierge Club so its always a welcome spot to kick back for breakfast or an evening snack.

The front of this hotel is being worked on so front entrance is a little challenging but will finished in a few months but not really a problem/

If you have some time, find an Oklahoma Joe's in KC, KS and enjoy some fantastic BBQ!
The consiere

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We planned a trip to KC to see the Princess Diana exhibit after receiving an email solicitation from the KC Marriott. This Marriott has a special package which includes breakfast and tickets to see the Princess Diana exhibit. I talked to my mom and sisters and we decided this would be an awesome girls' trip and fun way to spend Mother's Day weekend. We were driving down from Dubuque, Iowa, which is a 7 hour trip. I had one room reserved. When I called the Marriott to ask to reserve a 2nd room that would adjoin our room I was told that was impossible unless the rooms were booked at the same time. That didn't make any sense to me, but the person in reservations said she would cancel the first reservation and book 2 new rooms. (Still under the Princess Diana package).

Upon check-in, I had to ask for our tickets to the exhibit. The response - "well the tickets are in the safe and the woman with the keys is not here". I asked to speak to the mgr. His response - "You have the weekend corporate rate, not the Diana package". I explained the situation to him. He said he could not view the prior reservation on his computer. I said I had the email confirmations on my smart phone and showed both of them to him. His response - "well I don't know why that would happen - I don't work in reservations". I told him "Well I don't work in reservations, either." I asked if there was ANYTHING he could do, as my 70 year old mother and 6 year old daughter had made this trip specifically to see this exhibit, to which we had been invited from the Marriott. He said, "No, the Marriott has to physically go to Union Station and buy the Diana tickets, and since you cancelled your reservation, they were returned to Union Station. I then asked to cancel our rooms. He then offered to give us the room for $139, which was the standard weekend rate. I told him I was extremely disappointed, and we left the hotel. I am shocked to have had that experience at the Marriott. We travel frequently, and we won't be staying at the Marriott anymore.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank LovetogoNwillinois
Reviewed 5 May 2011

HUGE hotel connected by bridge to second hotel. Rooms are the usual Marriott type. Lot's of people, huge groups and functions going on all the time. Fine for business--personally, I prefer the Marriott Country Club Plaza.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business