“Tremendous Thai food in the heart if Kansas City”
Review of Kokothai

Kokothai
Ranked #247 of 1,559 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Let me start this off with a warning that if you are in a hurry then you must stay away from this place. But if you are not and are a fan of Thai food, trust me it is difficult to find a better place than this in KC.

The food is extremely delicious and the spice level can challenge any cusine if you take up the task of going beyond mild. The yellow and red curries are some of the best I have eaten and even the noodles are worth a try. Service as I said is slow and basic and the ambiance is nothing to brag about, yet we have visited the place several times as they are good at what they are supposed to be good at, taste!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

So, my husband and I had been craving some delicious Thai food, and I had a certificate for this place which seems to be really popular in its neighborhood. I will say that the food we ordered was good, though the fresh spring rolls were a bit overstuffed with noodles and not much else. The thing we enjoyed the most, really, were the chicken wing appetizers and my Thai iced tea. The menu is pretty small in my opinion, and did't contain a lot of the dishes I'm used to seeing from the amazing Thai restaurants in St. Louis. Needless to say, we didn't get our Thai fix. Otherwise food was good and reasonably priced, staff are nice but very informal and we had to grab some utensils and napkins.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is one you might pass by but take the time to stop. We tried several items on the menu and the food was all great. The staff made recommendations and the owner even took time to give suggestions and make sure we were pleased with the food. We will be back.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We were looking for a quick bite on the way to the airport. Wow! What a find! We are vegan and we loved the veggie stir fry and the fresh rolls. We liked the rolls so much that we ordered an extra set for the plane! Wish we lived here to eat there often. Service was fantastic! Owner cooks the food himself and it was delicious.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Walked in and only one other table was filled. I was a little concerned. Then the food and the people started rolling in. We were a group of 5 and we had an excellent meal with apps for 86.00. I had the se eew noodles with chicken and it was lovely. Quite honestly it didn't need the protein and could have stood on its own! Crab Rangoon, spring rolls with salmon and salad with papaya and tomato were also fan favs. Get there early to get a table. It's tiney. Ask for the condiment hot sauces. Homemade pickled jalapenos were the best! Our service was great and the lovely water guy was always coming round. Good for us w those jalapenos!

Date of visit: October 2017