“Great Lobster Bisque, Lobster Rolls and Sushi”

Bristol Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bristol Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,471 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 60
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Main & Walnut
Description: Bristol offers the area’s freshest premium seafood, Prime steaks & an impressive wine selection. We work with quality fishmongers, water men, ranchers & artisan producers to create dishes that are excellent from the start, using fine ingredients that separate the good from the great. Enjoy our seamless service in a classic, upscale atmosphere that truly sets it Bristol Seafood Grill apart from other seafood restaurants.
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We were in for a quick lunch and really enjoyed the lobster dishes. My colleague had gumbo and sushi. It was all good! This was a more upscale option in the Power & Light District, but the prices were what you would expect for fresh seafood selections. The service was friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was easy for conversation.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Business meeting, very enjoyable. They were out of our first wine choice, Franciscan and made no effort to remediate. We ordered a similar rated wine in a different grape which is OK but with high cost, menu should indicate when wine is out of stock. Bar management needs to step up. Food great with great presentation. Quiet atmosphere. Hostess very friendly and well informed. Place was very busy when we left with a YMCA convention. We did not see the village people but we looked.

Valet is very good.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

My uncle, husband, and I went for a nice seafood dinner. Unfortunately, the food ranged from average to terrible. We started with clam chowder. $9 and without flavor. Then, we had our entrees. I had mahi mahi. I was so salty I ate none of it. The waiter said he'd let the chef know. Great. I'm out $34 and we'll hope the chef does better next time. So disappointed.

1  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

We visited for lunch with high expectations and the food and service both met our expectations. The server, whose name I wish I remembered, was spot on without being intrusive. When we expressed our dislike of the sweet biscuit & butter offering she immediately offers garlic toast and promptly served that as a tasty option. Many would have simply removed the unwanted item and that would have been fine but I applaud her problem solving (and tip earning) skills!
The Lobster bisque was divine and the clam chowder as good as any I've had in the Midwest where we just seem to be driven to make it thicker than they do in Boston! The flatbread with the prosciutto and Gorgonzola was very good but the Lobster tamale, oh my. Overall a great experience that we will revisit.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Place had great reviews so we thought we'd try it and we're glad that we did. We had a couple of appetizers and drinks.

Pros
-bar and wait staff were excellent
-gorgeous bar with unique cocktails
-pricing not outrageous
-food very flavorful
-Location in District
-romantic but not stuffy atmosphere

Cons
- text notification that table was ready failed

Would definitely go back. Just wish I could do brunch on Sunday. Everyone at hotel and restaurant raved about it.