“Good stop for travel with pets.”
Review of Sleep Inn - Joplin

Sleep Inn - Joplin
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We stopped here on a recent trip. We were transporting a couple of dogs for family members and needed a place that was pet friendly. Room was comfortable and clean although there was a slight pet odor (which is to be expected since we were in a pet-friendly room). The breakfast was fine. There is a large truck stop next door and your room card is good for a discount at the restaurant and the fast food places inside. We used the discount at the Taco Bell but did not try the sit-down place.
I would recommend asking for a room away from the end of the ground floor hallway's door. For pets it was great but it was VERY loud all night long as people came in and out.

Room Tip: Stay away from the south end outside door!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
bob k, General Manager at Sleep Inn - Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests how we are doing. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Hotel lobby was clean and inviting and the staff is Friendly. But the COOL thing about the hotel was security. A guard in the lobby and a guard in the parking lot. ALL NIGHT. They are assigned to handle noisy TV's or unruly guests, but they also add a level of security, just in case they are needed. My room was at best GOOD, but I give a VERY Good based on security.

Room 109 was assigned to us, I suspect it wasn't the greatest room because we walked in with a hotel coupon I picked up at a rest area. The room had a Refrigerator and Microwave. Room was small, no luggage rack, no lounge chair or table. Nice desk. Broken safety latch on door. Found some dog food nuggets along the wall. A reflection on housekeeping. Noisy A/C unit. We slept OK.
I mentioned the broken door latch in the morning. I wasn't overly concerned about it because of security, but I informed them of the problem and the desk clerk said she would pass it on to maintenance.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. It is always nice to hear how we are doing from our guests. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Next to the Joplin 44 Truck Stop, but room was quiet, hotel and room very clean. The lady at the check in was very helpful and friendly. Good breakfast selection & 20% discount at the Iron Skillet next door. Only reason I didn't give 5 stars is Bc the room size was small for a family of 4 , a bit cramped, the beds were double beds I knew that prior to booking but wanted to try it anyway but now I know double is just too small, the bathroom set up was different & small as well. We only stayed overnight from 10-6 so it was fine for what we needed. Again I was impressed with the quietness & cleanliness. Oh also they have security patrolling not Bc it's unsafe but to keep it safe which was a nice bonus.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us and taking time for a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

nice, clean room, friendly staff, walk-in shower was great. recently remodeled so rooms are modern. would stay here again ... especially after the pool is finished. check in desk staff, in particular, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
bob k, General Manager at Sleep Inn - Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to review our property. We appreciate the feedback. The pool is now finished, and it has been open for about a week. I hope you will come back and enjoy it with us.

Bob Kluth CHA

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Rooms are clean and new breakfast area super. Personal are very friendly. Discount at iron skillet is great. Is quite and beds are very nice the Kurig coffee maker is super in room. Food at breakfast is very good. Will stay when ever I go through.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael C
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. It is nice to know how we are doing. Our construction is completed, and the indoor pool, spa, and breakfast dining area is open. We are very proud of it. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Bob Kluth CHA