“Good , no issues ”

TownePlace Suites Joplin
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

One night stay on my brief stay in Joplin, other Marriot locations were sold out and so I picked this property . Price was less on trip advisor then direct but I wanted to make sure I received Marriot reward points so I booked direct. The cost was more then other M properties but it was fine. Customer was great and the room good and clean.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Miranda C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

We are glad to hear that you had a good experience at TownePlace Suites Joplin. We hope that you will stay with us again, and give us the opportunity to turn your experience in an exceptional one!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel is AWESOME! Large, clean and comfortable rooms with a kitchen! Large fridge, dishwasher, microwave and a cooktop! Large desk with separate, moveable table. Breakfast was standard fare. We will DEFINITELY stay here again if in the area. Pet fee was $25.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Miranda C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Wow, we are so glad that you found our hotel to be comfortable and welcoming to you and your furry family member! We appreciate you taking the time to share, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

My family (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed on night over the New Years Eve weekend. We paid a little more than I usually pay for a hotel but we had lots of room and we didn't notice anything out of place, broken or dirty. I had booked this room through Hotels.com and prepaid and all went well with check-in. They did charge me a $20 incidental fee that should credit back to me. Internet worked good but depended on where I was in the hotel and there is no password so anyone could connect from outside the building too. My girls enjoyed the pool though it was smaller than others they have played in. I did notice different gobs of hair around the pool deck. The hotel provided a few pool toys too. Once we were going to sleep, I wished I had brought my pillow. The feathers pillows just weren't comfortable but that is a personal preference. I could hear the people next door running water and doors closing down the hall. I could also hear a dog barking down the hall but that has all happens in other hotels and I seem to be the only one in our room bothered by that. We were not able to make a judgement on the breakfast because we needed to leave before 7 when it opened up. Oh, there is only one elevator and only one ice machine on the first floor.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Miranda C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thanks, Cheri B, for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that overall, your stay was enjoyable and met your needs. Rest assured that if there were no incidental charges, any remaining authorizations on your account should be released within 10 business days. We will be replacing the foam pillows in our guest suites this Spring. I do apologize for any noise disturbance caused by our other guests. We truly appreciate your feedback so that we can continue to improve our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Joplin.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

The Townplace Suites in Joplin is located next to a Cracker Barrel Restaurant. The pet fee at this location is $25 much less than at other Marriott properties. The suite although small contained all the needed appliances. The bathroom is the smallest one we have ever encountered in a hotel. Very convenient to the interstate and to restaurants and sights nearby. Good breakfast buffet choices. Good choice for a pet friendly suite in the Joplin area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Miranda C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

We're so glad that you (and your furry friend) enjoyed your stay with us while in Joplin! Specializing in long-term stay, we do have a pet fee that ranges from $25-$100 depending on your length of stay. We're so glad that you chose to stay with us and hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I have begun to really like this Marriott brand hotel--modern, clean, roomy, comfortable, kitchenettes, etc. The bathroom is rather small, but the separation of the shower/toilet from the sink area is a benefit, as is the roomier "living" space. So far, I have been greeted by the most friendly staff you could imagine at each location. The free breakfast is good, the dining room is clean and tidy, and the other amenities are adequate (small, but nice pool and small, but efficient exercise room). Easy access to the interstate and lots of places to eat. No road noise to speak of.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Miranda C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you, dmark521, for taking the time to share your kind review of our hotel, and the TPS brand! We make every effort to provide guests such as yourself with a comfortable and welcoming experience. We appreciate your review, and have already shared your comments with our entire team. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!