See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2015

The last night of our trip, we stayed in a Motel 6 in Joplin, MO which actually made the first night look good. This was again a long day in the car, and we made the mistake of NOT asking to see the room first. We got to the room, it reeked of cigarettes and was essentially just a bed. We turned the TV on, and the reception was horrible. My husband then went to the front desk to ask for a different room that was a non smoking room and that had a TV. We were told the only room available was on the second floor, but given our fatigue we took it. We got up there, this nonsmoking room stunk horribly of cigarettes, but at least the TV worked. The surroundings of this Motel 6 were terrible. Despite not appearing to be in a "bad neighborhood", I felt very unsafe here and insisted my husband keep his gun in easy reach. I also moved my car to the front of the building near the road due to the people who were hanging around there. I have to wonder if some sort of illegal things are being made in rooms there. The grounds were filthy! When we got up the next day to leave, there was garbage piled up and flies everywhere.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! Lots of motels in this area, we should have left.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie K
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

Dear Debbie,
Thank you for posting your review. We do accommodate our smoking guests with assigned smoking rooms and are sorry you experienced dissatisfaction with the concerns you describe. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you experienced. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

The general manager Kimberly Phillips was the rudest person that I believe I have ever experienced. We were a party of 7 for 3 rooms. We witnessed her unprofessional ways to a customer on the phone and one other person before our group. Reservations were wrong, pool was closed oh and "you can get your breakfast out of the vending machines". Then when we voiced our greivences Kimberly pointed her finger at us and said "you can just leave my property ". Gladly we left...

Room Tip: Don't waste your time or money!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Tammi M
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2015

Tammi,
Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

Efficient room layout, but TV does not display a good picture, The WiFi does not work.
Only two small pillows in the room and front desk said they did not have any more.The room was very clean other than the smoke odor that was covered by air freshener.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2015

Bruce,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are sorry for the TV channel issues you experienced and any inconvenience it caused you. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. The service issues you experienced are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

I called the office to make a reservation while we were driving and 3 hours away to make sure we could get a room. I told the guy who took the res. that we had a small dog and I was handicapped and needed a room on the ground floor and that I could park next to it. I was assured of this and gave them my credit card number to hold the room until we got there. I told the guy we would get in around midnight. We arrived at Midnight as planned. I went to check in and the girl now working found my res. Then she asked if I wanted to use the card I held the room with or a different one. I stated the same would work and she said " GOOD " I already charge to it. What? Why was that I asked. Because you wernt here when I started work tonight. She explained any call in that are not there when she starts work, get charged for the room as a no show. She was very friendly about all of this, just PO'ed me off the guy that I spoke to did not tell her I would be there at Midnight. Also, the room I was promised had no close parking. I explained I was handicapped and couldn't maneuver the bags too far, so the young gal gave us a room by the office that was reserved for people with wheelchairs ( they had close parking ). Ok, so NOW they HORRIBLE PART. My wife goes in the room ahead of me and comes out telling me she just killed a cockroach in the bathroom. No way we are going to stay there now. I go back to the office and explain what we found. The gal was apologetic and gave me a refund on my credit card. As we were moving the suitcases back out of the room, we killed another cockroach by the door! Worst experience I have ever had at any motel. I am just so thankful my wife noticed the 1st one. Cant imagine the horror if we went to sleep and woke up with one on either of us!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Jim R
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Dear Jim,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact Guest Services at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2015

If the walls were any thinner, they would be transparent. Cigarette butts all over the property. Trash piled up around the trash cans in the walkways. Empty vodka bottles in the parking lot. I'll just camp next time I'm in town. I think a 5 year old painted the room.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Dear Janice,
Thank you for posting your review. The service concerns you describe are not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. Please know the conditions you experienced in your room are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.