All reviews room was clean visiting family in the area indoor pool hot tub waffle house place to stay we've stayed amber coupon channels interstate
Reviewed 17 August 2018

The pool and hot tub were out of commision, the elevator was also unusable. The exercise room looked nice, but the climate control unit was stuck at 84, the bicycle had a broken pedal, and I couldn't get the stair stepper to work properly.
The climate control unit in the room was disgusting - the filter needed cleaning.
The room was cool and otherwise clean, and I was offered a pass to swim across the street at the Best Western.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Cheap and nasty, might well serve my feelings about this place. The smell in our room was disgusting. It's a tired old place that should be overhauled or shut down. There were bugs of some sort in our room.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terence B
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Selected this hotel based on price and ratings. It was a very good value. It is located next to a Denny's and Waffle House. They are within walking distance. The hotel clerk was nice and the room was clean and well furnished. Comfortable mattress and pillows. The room was clean. I would recommend this location to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I called from on the road and the desk clerk said she had one room. She would hold it for me. I arrived and she said room was gone. She called her sister hotels and discovered the room she was holding for them was no longer needed and she could give it to me.
The room was priced at $70, for an Econo Lodge!!!! There was a track meet in town, so they were upping all their prices, it seemed. Normally their prices would be around $50, which I wouldn't have minded spending. Yes, since this was the only room available, it seemed, in all of Joplin, I took it.
Imagine my surprise and dismay when I entered the room to discover that someone had already been reclining against the pillows on one of the two beds! The first bed the pillows were all neatly slanted at an angle in an appealing manner. The other bed the pillows were stacked side by side against the headboard, with the first pillow having an obvious head dent in it.
Then suddenly there was a beep. A few seconds later, another beep. The smoke detector quite obviously needed a battery and would continue to beep until it was replaced. Well, there would be NO sleeping with that noise.
So, I went back down to the front desk. The clerk informed me that at this hour they didn't have a maintenance man on duty. It was around 12 am. She didn't offer to fix it, either.
Miraculously she found me another room in their hotel. However, it was on the third floor. Their elevator was out of order, being replaced, she said. I informed her that I had a bad back and lugging my suitcase up three flights of stairs wasn't a good idea. She didn't offer to find someone to help me, or offer to assist. Now, it was either I continue on down the road to find another hotel in the nearest town, or I trudge up 3 flights of stairs. I opted to climb the stairs, VERY CAREFULLY, without assistance!!
I get to the room and find it seems to be in the attic of the building. The curtains covered a FAKE window, looking out to nowhere! It is supposed to be a handicap room, but there is no way a handicapped person is going to navigate that tight space!! The bathroom was the larger of the rooms and would be acceptable to a handicapped person. The saving feature, that kept me from leaving, was the jetted spa tub, which at that time, I desperately needed and took advantage of it!
The following morning, the desk clerk, a different one from the night before, informed me that the night clerk could easily have changed the battery in the smoke alarm. Which if I had thought of it, I would have jerked it out myself! Would have been better than climbing three flights of stairs.
The bed was ok, the pillow not so. However, I always take my own pillow, so I managed.
I have no idea what their breakfast consisted of or how good or bad it was, since I didn't make it down in time to check it out.
I didn't sleep well, at all.
The desk clerks didn't offer to take off of the price, for which I was very disappointed. If you're going to stick someone in the attic section of your hotel, make them endure stairs because your elevator isn't working, then the least you could do is give a substantial discount, NOT charge a senior woman full price!!!
Plus, the hotel is difficult to get to.
Take my advice, go next door to the Days Inn, or some other hotel. Avoid this one.
Given the same set of circumstance again, I would keep on driving, no matter what the hour. Was not worth the price, the disadvantages, and the risk to my back.

Room Tip: No elevator, so stay on ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Heather at the front desk was super friendly unlike the guy at BW who was a douchecanoe. The room smelled like a funky white boy but the bed was super soft. The shower was old and moldy but had good pressure. Fridge was cold and the TV worked. I went to Sonic down the street and they gave me a free pickle slush like on the commercial which was way awesome and way gross at the same time. Nice pool outside. Me and Karen down the hall both had trouble opening the door to the outside but Steve figured it out. All in all it was an okay stay, I'll do it again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo