All reviews room was clean visiting family in the area indoor pool hot tub waffle house place to stay we've stayed amber coupon channels interstate
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Heather at the front desk was super friendly unlike the guy at BW who was a douchecanoe. The room smelled like a funky white boy but the bed was super soft. The shower was old and moldy but had good pressure. Fridge was cold and the TV worked. I went to Sonic down the street and they gave me a free pickle slush like on the commercial which was way awesome and way gross at the same time. Nice pool outside. Me and Karen down the hall both had trouble opening the door to the outside but Steve figured it out. All in all it was an okay stay, I'll do it again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2018

The staff here is very helpful! We thought we had booked a king suite with a Jacuzzi tub to celebrate our anniversary. When we arrived, we found out we were not on the books anywhere. Heather called ALL of the Joplin hotels to see if one was available for us (over and beyond service) but no luck. Heather then offered us a nice room at a good price. We accepted. Three hours later we received a call from our son at home stating that the "Economy Lodge" had called and wanted to know if we wanted to keep our reservation there for tonight. We then checked with Do'monique and she called the manager and said a refund would not be possible because we had been there for over 45 minutes. We decided to stay -- and we are glad we did! We went by the other hotel and much preferred Econo Llodge.

Room Tip: First floor -- the elevator is still not working.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018

This is a two story accomodation and as noted in other reviews, the elevator is still not functioning - so if you have mobility problems - please note. They do have luggage racks which help with getting things to your room. The facility is pet friendly, which is also very helpful. My cat hid under the bed and I can say that the carpet under the bed is regularly vacuumed - something that i've found is very rare! The room was clean enough, but the bathroom had some damage to the floor and walls - a feeling of not being very well maintained. Also, while the sheets were good quality,there was still that old bedspread, which I find so distasteful. There was an old AC/Heat unit which very badly needed to be cleaned. Breakfast was more than adequate with lots of choice. I found that sleep quality was not that great as sound from the hallway and outside was very clear inside my room.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 23 May 2018

My husband was trying to check into the hotel next door and asked for a handicap shower. Polite desk clerk said she didn't have one (only could provide shower chair but those just don't work for me. I really need the self-directed wand shower). There was a woman who was talking with the desk clerk who interrupted their conversation to say she managed the Econo Lodge next door and she could provide that accommodation if we wanted it and it would cost less. My husband asked me if this was okay (I should have trusted my instinct which was saying no, but I said okay). We were given a room and at first upon parking and trying to get into the back door, we couldn't get my electric scooter up the incline to the room as it keep getting stuck. I had to get out of my scooter and let my husband push it in and then I could move. When he opened the door to the room, it was pitch black and it dawned on me it was a windowless room. Why on earth would you put a handicapped person in windowless room when the only way out was in the hallway which in case of fire would allow no way out! Being handicapped does give one a feeling of claustrophobia and there was no way we could stay in a room without windows.

My husband went up to the desk to see if there was another room and the manager came briskly down the hall with him and I heard here say, "Well, you should have at least looked at the room before you took it..." She opened another door and said, "We have this room but no shower wand. We can provide you with a shower seat..." This room had no air conditioning on and she said, "The weather was so beautiful, we wanted to air out the room with fresh air...." (the air in the room was hot, stifling and a bit smelly. When we pulled up the temperature outside was in the high 80s so I don't think that was the reason for the open window). She quickly shut the window and put the air conditioning on full blast and left. This was not what I wanted (I should have heeded that little voice telling me no) and being tired I just said that we would take it. A shower chair was promptly provided and my husband went out to get our things.

I looked around the room and noticed no TV remote. My husband went to the front desk where he was handed one and then told how to use the app on the phone to operate the TV. The remote did not work and neither did the app. He went back down and two clerks were both checking in the same guest so my husband waited until one of them finally noticed my husband again still waiting. She said she would bring another remote down to our room. At this point, I know when I've had enough for the both of us and I told him if this remote doesn't work, we need to get our money back and leave. After about 15 minutes, a clerk came with a new remote which, too, didn't work. He took the remote back to the front desk and asked for our money back.

It's clear that the manager of this property is solely a reactionary problem solver rather than a proactive manager which is why there seems to be so many unhappy experiences and reviews. This type of manager is notorious in not training staff to think ahead in anticipation of obvious basic needs and concerns of their guests. Comfort may be a primary concern but safety is #1 and presuming a handicapped guess would be happy in room without a window and not telling them before check-in is neglectful of their safety.

Although the outside of the building looks freshly painted, the bathrooms are outdated and the tub had permanent stains (don't they know how to scrub?). There are so many options to stay and believe me, you get what you pay for....

Room Tip: There have been elevator issues so if this is a concern beware.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Room was clean and well laid out. The hotel seems to be going through a change from another brand so some things were not quite done yet. Front desk was very good and wifi was also good. Close to everything so will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple