“Older park bad location.”
Review of Joplin KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Joplin
Joplin KOA
Reviewed 14 October 2014

This is the first KOA we have camped in. A friend suggested staying here because we were just staying one night on our way through and KOA's have Kamping Kitchens and we would not have to unpack the stove for a hot meal. We were very disappointed to find the Kamping Kitchen consisted of dirty counters and a very dirty sink. We pulled out the stove to fix our dinner and coffee in the morning.

The staff here was friendly, and the restrooms were very clean. The dressing area for the shower was small, and needs more hooks. There was no room to hang my toiletry bag, clean clothes and dirty clothes. The water was hot and the restroom was pleasant.

Not the fault of the park, there is a semi maintenance place next door and I became ill from the fumes of diesel exhaust.

Room Tip: WIFI did not work, beware of squirrels, they are very friendly, one climbed up my husbands leg, got...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dakota14

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

It's an old KOA, but the check-in was quick and friendly. 50 Amp power was strong and hookups were standard. We took a pull through site for our 37 ft fifth wheel and long wheelbase dually. It was plenty long. The best this thing was the pizza, baked fresh in the office and delivered to our site piping hot! We ate pizza two nights in a row! I never before went to a KOA for the CUISINE, but I would come back to the Joplin KOA for another. In close proximity to the many truck stops just off the interstate.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We went to this campground for one night at the beginning of May. It was really hot and I was happy the swimming pool was already open (even though after all, we didn't have time to use it)... We got a nice shaded site for our tent for $25. Restrooms were clean, the shop was really nice and there were very nice ducks, muscovery ducks and other birds.

We could walk to Subway from the campground, which was very practical. I have just read the other reviews and some say the owners were rude. I don't know if they changed owners since then but the people we talked to were nice, not overly friendly but they were nice. We went often to their store to buy drinks and ask information and directions and they were always welcoming.

However, the highway noice was really loud.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Spent one night here on our way west to camp in some of national parks.
For camping, this KOA is adequate.
1. Clean but very dated restrooms. No hand soap provided.
2. Average size/type camp sites but not maintained beyond gravel/mowed grass. Lots of branches, etc had to be moved before we could put the tents up.
3. Little interaction with the staff other than check-in. The individuals we dealt with were friendly enough. Fire wood was delivered to our site quickly.
4. Power and water worked well.

Only complaint would be the road noise. The campground is only 70-80 yards off a major highway intersection. Heard lots of road noise all night including jake brakes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelingTails
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I'm from AZ so to camp under trees is nice. I liked the nice touches of a fish and turtle pond, motor rentals, space to spread out. September weather was perfect there in the 60's. The homemade breakfast was great to gas up. Had a nice real conversation with the host. The gift shop had the necessaries and gifts which I bought early for Christmas.
The location was too close to roads for me, but can't change that. I would like KOAs to turn out more lights, but I'm used to primitive camping.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo