See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 December 2012

My friends and I stayed several days and would have stayed longer had the staff there or we were told the owners NOT been so rude, they were the most non-caring people I have see try to run a business. They (man and his wife) sat in back of the office and if you needed anything, they acted as if you wanted their first born child. We enjoyed the ducks there but one of the days someone was chasing them and rounding them up. Well the "ugly" ones according to what the owner wanted were taken...the pretty ones were left and the Ugly ones were sold at a poultry swap for food!!!! These were PETS for God's sake! What backwoods people! We pass through Joplin traveling all the time, this was the first time we stayed and they were rude then, we thought it was just a bad day....NOT...its the way they live and they are miserable and make you miserable. DO NOT stay here....spend a few extra minutes and drive to the next campground!!

Room Tip: Stay AWAY from the back of the campgound where the man lives in the mobile home. He plays loud music early morning and middle of the night!! Then he lets his dogs run free and screams at them to the top of his lungs while they pay him little attention....He's part of the same rude family that runs this place!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed here one night while passing through the area. I called ahead to make the reservation and the staff was courteous and polite on the phone. It's location is great for those passing by and needing something right off the interstate. It's also close to McDs and a few gas stations. Despite its proximity to the interstate and another busy road we heard no traffic noise at all. The grounds are decent and my husband rated the bathroom as a 3/5. I prefer to use the one in our RV. Other campers appeared to be okay, no rough ones. Overall, for a quick stop it was fine.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank emcollins4
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Just got back from a week at KOA. 26 of us were in Joplin for a mission trip. The owners graciously allowed us to use what we referred to as the pink room without charge. This was a large dining room with a kitchen that allowed us cook our meals and eat inside (with air conditioning). They were very accommodating. The campground was very clean. The showers had good water pressure and hot water (except when the toilet was flushed), and the bathroom was always clean. Good on and off the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect. Read the mostly negative reviews after making reservations.
Very few campers there, in spite of it being the start of Memorial Day weekend. The pull-through site was level.had adequate water pressure for the trailer.
Lady at the office was friendly, young man guiding us to our site was not unfriendly. All golf carts we saw were going very slow. We didn't have any other contact with the staff.
Mother duck had fully a dozen little fluffball ducklings in tow at the pond, and in our front yard this morning. A pair of bluebirds had a worm two lots over.
Lady at the office said bathrooms were being remodeled. They were old but clean. Didn't use showers so don't know how pressure was there.
Nice swimming pool.
It wasn't one of the fancier KOA's we've been to, but I'd say give them another chance.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed 2/29/12 arriving at 6:30PM. While walking to bathroom was hit & run over by golf cart driven by staff (he was going 10-20 MPH even though posted speed limit is 5 MPH). Cuts/abrasions on forehead, hands, knee and pulled muscle in my leg. Taken to local Emergency Room (I thought my hand was broken), I declined a ride in the ambulance that was called. Filed accident report with MO Highway Patrol. KOA never even offered to refund my cabin rental fee.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo