All reviews turtle pond rvs gas highway noise
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed here one night while passing through the area. I called ahead to make the reservation and the staff was courteous and polite on the phone. It's location is great for those passing by and needing something right off the interstate. It's also close to McDs and a few gas stations. Despite its proximity to the interstate and another busy road we heard no traffic noise at all. The grounds are decent and my husband rated the bathroom as a 3/5. I prefer to use the one in our RV. Other campers appeared to be okay, no rough ones. Overall, for a quick stop it was fine.

Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank emcollins4
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Just got back from a week at KOA. 26 of us were in Joplin for a mission trip. The owners graciously allowed us to use what we referred to as the pink room without charge. This was a large dining room with a kitchen that allowed us cook our meals and eat inside (with air conditioning). They were very accommodating. The campground was very clean. The showers had good water pressure and hot water (except when the toilet was flushed), and the bathroom was always clean. Good on and off the interstate.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect. Read the mostly negative reviews after making reservations.
Very few campers there, in spite of it being the start of Memorial Day weekend. The pull-through site was level.had adequate water pressure for the trailer.
Lady at the office was friendly, young man guiding us to our site was not unfriendly. All golf carts we saw were going very slow. We didn't have any other contact with the staff.
Mother duck had fully a dozen little fluffball ducklings in tow at the pond, and in our front yard this morning. A pair of bluebirds had a worm two lots over.
Lady at the office said bathrooms were being remodeled. They were old but clean. Didn't use showers so don't know how pressure was there.
Nice swimming pool.
It wasn't one of the fancier KOA's we've been to, but I'd say give them another chance.

Date of stay: May 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed 2/29/12 arriving at 6:30PM. While walking to bathroom was hit & run over by golf cart driven by staff (he was going 10-20 MPH even though posted speed limit is 5 MPH). Cuts/abrasions on forehead, hands, knee and pulled muscle in my leg. Taken to local Emergency Room (I thought my hand was broken), I declined a ride in the ambulance that was called. Filed accident report with MO Highway Patrol. KOA never even offered to refund my cabin rental fee.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Jim W
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed at KOA in joplin missouri for 2 weeks. when we first got there we met the grandmother and grandfather, they acted real nice until we got settled down. while setting us up they did warn us that there son and daughter in law who are the owners were out of town and would be back, but do not be surprised if they were rude and crude. Once David and Tina (the owners) got back into town we found out what the old couple meant. They were the most unfriendly, rude, smart-alect people I have ever dealt with. When I asked repeatedly about the WIFi, I was told that there were to many people and the broad band had to be divided up by to many people and that I needed to wait until 1-2 oclock in the morning and I might get on. Or I could sit in my bedroom with a wire hanging out of the window and I may get on. If I did get on, I was also told to take my laptop out on the picnic table or to the laundry house. That did not even work and I should not of had to even try it. I would get kicked off. David even told me if I was on the Wifi to long, he would kick me off. Tina would walk right by you and not look at you, talk to you, or even act like you were there. The brother Ed that lives on the property in a mobile home would play music very loudly in all hours of the night and stand in his yard screaming and yelling at his dogs. Beward, DO NOT STAY AT JOPLIN KOA OR TRY TO BE NICE TO THE FISHER FAMILY.

Date of stay: October 2011