“Dangerous Place To Stay!!!!”
Review of Joplin KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Joplin
Joplin KOA
Hihg Ridge, MO
“Dangerous Place To Stay!!!!”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed 2/29/12 arriving at 6:30PM. While walking to bathroom was hit & run over by golf cart driven by staff (he was going 10-20 MPH even though posted speed limit is 5 MPH). Cuts/abrasions on forehead, hands, knee and pulled muscle in my leg. Taken to local Emergency Room (I thought my hand was broken), I declined a ride in the ambulance that was called. Filed accident report with MO Highway Patrol. KOA never even offered to refund my cabin rental fee.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Jim W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed at KOA in joplin missouri for 2 weeks. when we first got there we met the grandmother and grandfather, they acted real nice until we got settled down. while setting us up they did warn us that there son and daughter in law who are the owners were out of town and would be back, but do not be surprised if they were rude and crude. Once David and Tina (the owners) got back into town we found out what the old couple meant. They were the most unfriendly, rude, smart-alect people I have ever dealt with. When I asked repeatedly about the WIFi, I was told that there were to many people and the broad band had to be divided up by to many people and that I needed to wait until 1-2 oclock in the morning and I might get on. Or I could sit in my bedroom with a wire hanging out of the window and I may get on. If I did get on, I was also told to take my laptop out on the picnic table or to the laundry house. That did not even work and I should not of had to even try it. I would get kicked off. David even told me if I was on the Wifi to long, he would kick me off. Tina would walk right by you and not look at you, talk to you, or even act like you were there. The brother Ed that lives on the property in a mobile home would play music very loudly in all hours of the night and stand in his yard screaming and yelling at his dogs. Beward, DO NOT STAY AT JOPLIN KOA OR TRY TO BE NICE TO THE FISHER FAMILY.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank gmatam

Travellers are raving about these Joplin hotels

Reviewed 7 August 2011

When we sported bed bugs and asked for a refund we were met with little surprise and learned all the cabins except #5 had a history of bed bugs. They cleaned the bathrooms at 9 am on Sunday shutting them down for over an hour. Very inconvenient when you need to scrub bed bug larvae off your body.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Scubagirl8791
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I too was here on Tornado Relief efforts and this is the worst KOA I have ever seen.
The Bathroom is simply disgusting. After long days outside in hot,sticky Tornado relief work all I wanted was to get clean,eat and go to sleep.
The bathroom smells like Pee all the time and strong,there is no water pressure at all and it is dark and dirty in every way.
As was mentioned by others the Staff seems unconcerned in any way.
If you don't use the campground bathroom you may think the place is OK,if you do use the bathroom,I wish you luck.
Also I could not get the Internet working and I am an IT guy?

Room Tip: Bring your own Bathroom
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank avservice
Bourbon, Missouri
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I have to agree with another person. The facilities are fine, 2 out of 3 workers were extremely rude. I must compliment one young lady who works there, but as someone else stated, don't ask questions or try to make constructive comments to the other two workers!! Despite the many wonderful people of Joplin doing everything to make the tornado recovery volunteers feel welcome, Joplin KOA has done nothing. Due to their very impolite workers (yes, one was probably the same man someone else commented on), I cannot recommend volunteers stay at the KOA. Spent your money elsewhere where your money and your dedication are appreciated.....there are many others in Joplin who are very caring. Wi-fi is extremely poor reception.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business