See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I couldn't be more happy with our stay at the new Holiday Inn, Joplin, MO last night The room was extremely quiet for sleeping. The AC will make it downright frigid if that's what you like. (Most places, the thermostat lies, but not here.) Shower water pressure was typical for hotels nowadays. Excellent sundries store in lobby. Although breakfast isn't included, it is discounted. It's made-to-order and my 3-egg omelet was very good and hot. We were traveling by motorcycle, the front desk told us that we could park under the front awning for security and protection from weather. We always appreciate that and often strongly influences our hotel choice when traveling. My friends and I travel thousands of miles per year by motorcycle; and always look for a Holiday Inn first. Very happy that this new H.I. was built because the old one was really run down and not representative of the brand.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Room was fantastic and held meeting for 35 people. I have been doing this for 25 apyrs and this is the best facility I have been to. Kristie Barley was AMAZING in getting us ANYTHING we needed. Dewayne was out room and IT guy and he did an awesome job. You have the best of the best in this establishment.... I stay in IHG 3 times a week for the last 20 years and never had this good of visit.
Thank you all !!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Kristie B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear sooners74012,
WOW!!! Thank you for the glowing review of the new Holiday Inn, Joplin! Our #1 goal is to take care of our guests and we are happy to hear we accomplished this. I will share your kind comments with the staff. We look forward to taking care of you again in the future!
Happy Travels, Kbarley DOS

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We were here for a business meeting. As others have mentioned, it is a bit hard to find but once here, I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Very nice, new, clean hotel. Kristie Barley was very helpful getting our meeting room set up. Have to give a shout out to Dwain who helped us with A/V.

Will definitely be staying here again when I return to Joplin

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Hi Eric W,
We appreciate you taking the time to review the new Holiday Inn, Joplin. Thank you for the wonderful comments on our hotel and staff. We really enjoyed your group here with us and look forward to see you again in the future!
Happy travels, Kbarley DOS

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

This Holiday Inn off off Rangeline Rd, difficult to find with gps. Behind another hotel, sign is small & hard to see in traffic. The MOST expensive Holiday Inn we stayed at all summer $150 at night. Not a regular, free breakfast like many hotels. However, the baseball tournament worked a deal to get the players & their families a free breakfast included with the stay. The first AM they had cheap cereal, packaged danishes, bagels & yucky looking oranges. People complained as with such packages the boys usually ate a good breakfast with fruit, eggs,bacon, sausage, etc. We were told they’d have a warm breakfast the next AM. The hotel only added some watery eggs, I had to take my son to get a decent breakfast. After more complaints came in they next AM they added sausage to the eggs. They did try to make it better, however it was the worst breakfast we’d had all summer from a hotel.
The other issue we had was the elevator stopped & trapped 2 players for over an hour. The hotel called the repairman, and didn’t seem too worried. So a parent had to call the fire department which was just around the corner to help get the boys out. The AM we checked out the elevator broke again & being on the top floor was difficult to get it to go that high without being full of people by the time it went to the top floor. We couldn’t drag everything down the stairs. That was a 15+ min wait until people finally made room for the luggage rack to fit in there as I’d been waiting forever.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank K H

Dear K H,
Thank you for taking the time to review the new Holiday Inn, Joplin.
We contracted this event through a housing agency and apologize for the agency not communicating in advance with all of you what was contracted for breakfast which was a cold continental breakfast. Once we realized it was not communicated we did everything we could to accommodate the tournament by adding the eggs, sausage and potatoes.
The elevator was an unfortunate situation we had never dealt with but was a learning experience for all of us. We scheduled training for our entire staff for certain situations and moving forward we will handle things better. However, the kids were safe and all ended well and that's all we can ask for.
Thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 417-624-9000 or k.barley@kmghotels.com.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I get it. Supply and demand
But the prices here were significantly higher than most surrounding hotels during the Marian Days festivities. Of course, I’m not complaining but I don’t think it really stood out to charge those prices. If you’re wondering whether or not to get the breakfast option—don’t get it!! It is not worth it. They only have a few items on the menu, not your typical buffet you may think of! No oatmeal, yogurt, cereal. Oh, and I don’t know why housekeeping never bothered to clean our rooms? I noticed they only changed our towels but our beds were never made nor was the room ever tidied. For these, I took off one star. I also think they turn off the air con at night because our room was warm during the night even though we left it at 69. Missouri, summer, hello humidity.

The rooms are nice and spacious. The hotel lobby is nice but being it a brand new hotel, I don’t expect any less. Plenty of plugs for cells by the bed, which is a minor but important detail.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear TinyTX,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn JOPLIN.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Housekeeping will make the beds as long as there are not any guest items on the beds. However, we have discussed this issue with the staff.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 417-624-9000 or kristie.holidayinnjoplin@gmail.com.