New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Jefferson City

Baymont Inn & Suites Jefferson City
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“baymont was poor quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

the hotel lobby was small and jumbled, they had one small elevator and the room was smalll, dirty and outdated for 2011. they had too many pieces of outdated , and old furniture in the room with the queen bed. I didnt want to sit on the broken down couch or the chair. the bathroom shower curtain leaked water onto the floor which was a hazard. Avoid this baymont while in Jefferson city, mo.

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel while in jefferson city, mo
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lmij
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

I came down to participate in my daughters graduation. Initially checking in I received good service at the front desk. On the way to the room, I noticed there was some kind of party going on, complained to the front desk of the disruption, obviously nothing was done because it continued majority of the night and to top it off marijuana smoke was wreaking in the halls. The next morning I was disturbed by front desk demanding that we check out; now mind you I had already payed for a 2 day stay in advance and she's knocking on my door after the first night. Also after having endured the loud music, constant slamming of doors, marijuana smoke wreaking under the doors...... just to get up and have to demand some form of housecleaning; fresh towels etc. Then as if that wasn't enough, upon check out once again I complained about what happened the previous night and how dissatisfied I was with my stay and I was given "I'm sorry" and a bill that had a balance remaining. WHAT! Questioned that discepency I then experienced close to a 45 min ordeal with front desk personel not providing me with a proper receipt or a manager to address regarding the poor service during my stay. Then when I asked for a corporate number, all of a sudden front desk was able to provide me with a proper receipt of a zero balance. Now having previously worked in the hospitality industry for over a decade, there are no words to express how truly unprofessional this issue was handled. WHERE WAS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE? WHERE WAS THE MANAGER? WHY WERE GUEST ALLOWED TO REMAIN IN A HOTEL DISTURBING OTHERS AND GETTING HIGH ON TOP OF THAT? Yes the hotel deco was beautiful and room size was nice.....but that's as far as it goes with me. I made a complaint and plan to update this message with the outcome.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TRAVELERUSA94
Alwaysontheroad39, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Dear TRAVELERUSA94,
I wanted to introduce myself. My name is David Wallace and I am the new General Manager of the Baymont Inn & Suites in Jefferson City. I couldn't be more embarrassed reading the account of your experience here in my hotel. I'm not sure about the previous management here at the Baymont but let me assure you that occurrances like you experienced will not happen under my watch. I have 26 years in the hospitality business and I will not tolerate the type of goings on that you experienced. At this point in time I can only apologize and ask for you to return so that we can show you that we can and will do it right. When you return to this area please let me know. Thank you for your comments. If we don't know something is broken we can't fix it.

Travellers are raving about these Jefferson City hotels

Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

they had just remodeled in December of 2011 and I have to say they did a great job from the old Hotel DeVille. The staff was great and the room was exceptional. Everything was clean in the room and the bed was really comfortable. I am a picky eater and the continental breakfast they had in the morning was wonderful. just enough to get you going for the day and not too much to make you tired.

Room Tip: The front desk had some wiggle room with the price
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Williamstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

I arrived in Jefferson City for a 2 day training in late March. On arrival, there was an issue with my original hotel booking. The staff, (specifically Derl and Scott), were able to solve the issue and ensure that I had a room for my 2 night stay. After checking in, I requested a package that was previously sent to the hotel for the class that I would be teaching for the next 2 days. The package was 33 manuals for the participants. They informed me that no such package had arrived. After frantic calls to the company owner, I learned the next morning (2 hours before the class) that the UPS package had never shipped from its original destination. Here is where it gets even better.... Scott approached me and I explained the situation. He took the copy of the manual I had and proceeded to a local Kinkos where he had my manual duplicated 33 times. He returned prior to the start of the class and truly saved the day. Mind you, I never asked for assistance. The hotel staff goes out of their way to assist you.

The room was clean and well equipped. The hotel is beautiful and a value in every way.

Once again, I can not stress the personal service that this hotel gave me, and for that, I recommend this hotel for travelers and business people alike. If you have to teach a class or need a conference room in the Jefferson City, MO area, this is the place.

The bar in the evening is relaxing and the people are friendly. You are made to feel welcome in every aspect!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MJC2011
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

Staff was friendly, room was very clean and well decorated. Beds were comfortable too. The hotel is downtown, so it was in a convinient location for whatever we wanted to do. We enjoyed our trip and if we ever go back we'll probably stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple