“Excellent place to stay!”

Econo Lodge - Jefferson City
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed 21 September 2011

When we checked in the woman at the front desk was very nice and polite. We asked for directions and she printed them out for us.
We asked for a bottom floor room and got one although it was late when we got there.
The room was clean and spacious for the price. They had free wifi which was a must for me. The beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of hot water.
The breakfast is the only thing I would have liked improved. Most of the choices were some form of bread. Some fruit or eggs would have been nice.

Excellent place to stay, i thought.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge - Jefferson City

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Everthing from the physical plant standpoint was fine, a few minor clitches. Pretty much as expected for the money.
The only problem was the woman at the front desk when I checked in was not, let me say, a "people person" and she chraged me more than what the website said. Luckily the man at the desk the next morning was very nice and gladly refunded the difference.
I'd go back.

Room Tip: Confirm your getting the right rate.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2011

To be fair, as first-time guests of Econolodge the accommodations themselves were for all intents and purposes clean and in a reasonable state of repair, aside from the distressed bathroom door and ceiling showing signs of what appears to be water damage. The room appeared much nicer than what we expected to see. It appeared modern, but basic yet satisfactory. However, what we didn't know until we were getting ready for bed was the presence of sugar ants...LOTS OF THEM!

At first, I noticed about three of them around the bathroom sink just as we were getting ready for bed. I had hoped that this was nothing to be concerned about and that the rainy weather that day had drawn a few of them into our room. We went to bed expecting to have a good night's sleep after a long day on the road and another equally long one ahead of us the next day.

During different times of the night I awakened to feel two or three ants crawling on my neck and body. By morning, my wife's night stand was literally crawling with sugar ants as she had place a cough drop wrapper on it in the night. Keep in mind we did not bring any food into our room aside from sealed soft beverage bottles and cans in our small cooler.

After emailing a complaint to the Econolodge Corporate offices, I was contacted by the manager via email. He apologized about the problem and assured me that he had called in a pest control service to take care of the ant situation. In his email he said he hoped that we would keep his motel in mind for our future accommodation needs.

I had hoped that perhaps since we did indeed incur the inconvenience of having an ant infestation in our room that we would have been offered a future stay at a reduced rate at very least. I'm not saying we are entitled to that, but it would have been a welcomed gesture. Apparently the manager wasn't *that* sorry about the problem. No such offer was made.

Needless to say, on our return trip through Jefferson City a week later, not only did we avoid Econolodge, we avoided having anything to do with Jefferson City aside from stopping for fuel. Don't get me wrong as I'm sure the Econolodge is generally a nice place to stay, but I after driving all day we were hoping to have a nice, comfortable place to rest our weary heads without being overrun with insects in the night. I am glad that the manager was able to address the issue, but I am very disappointed that he would have that unpleasant experience be our one and only impression of the Econolodge chain. If I were that manager, I for one, would offer such a customer the chance to experience my motel the way it should have been to begin with. Particularly if the ant problem was verified as real, I would want to try and assure my guests that their next stay would be free from such problems. I'm not saying we deserve some sort of compensation, but offering as much might have kept him and Econolodge from losing our business all together. As it stands overall, keeping our business was not important enough for this company. Therefore unless something changes radically, Econolodge would be far down on our list for places where we would stay.

Room Tip: Report *any* insect problems to the front desk immediately!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rlyoung62
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Always stay here when visiting Jeff City. Just your basic accomodations. If you have lots of luggage best to request a bottom floor room (no elevator). Overall this is one of the better Econo Lodges where I have stayed.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank driver175
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My family and I had a very nice time here. For the rates you couldn't choose a better place. The room was clean with a fridge, microwave, iron, coffee pot, iron, free wifi, cable tv. Also, we had a great time on their pool which was very clean, and they also have a washer and dryer you can use to wash your clothes, which is extremely convenient especially if you get in the pool so you can wash and dry your wet clothes. I would stay here againif I ever come back to this area.

• Stayed: July 2011