“If you want the air conditioner to work and not find hair from the lower regions don't stay at this hotel!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Jefferson City

Comfort Suites Jefferson City
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2009

I booked this hotel because it was close to the church that was having a funeral I needed to attend. That is where the convienence stopped! The staff was friendly but that is where the satisfation stopped. I found hair from the lower regions still in the bath tub, hair in the sink, and hair under the pillows. The air conditioner wouldn't stay on and I had to watch the coffee pot brew because it kept shutting off. For $100 per night I would have thought that these items would have worked. I will plan on staying at the Hampton Inn if in the future I need to be close to this location!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ssharick
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nevada, Mo.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a week-end visit with our son and his family, who live in Jeff City. Our room was clean and spacious. There were plenty of towels. It was very quiet. Everything we could have asked for. The most impressive thing for me was the open Bible with the traveler's prayer lying on top. It is so refreshing to see a company that isn't afraid to openly express it's belief in God. Thank you for renewing my faith in corporate business at a time when so many in our country are so corrupt. We will definitely search out Comfort Suites in general, and Jefferson City's in particular. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Colorado Springs, CO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2008

There were some minor problems with our room which I addressed with the front desk but did not argue as the issues were minor and didn't need to be dealt with right away but were concerns.

I then went to my car to get something and came back into the lobby and headed toward my room only to hear my name being used by the front desk clerk who had called the hotel manager on the phone to complain about me and warn her that we were trouble makers.

I thought that was totally uncalled for and I felt so embarressed. She thought I had left for dinner when I had just gone to my car to get something so she didn't expect to be talking about me with me knowing that she had made that call, she had intended to talk about me behind my back. What was worse was that other guests had came in and she was using my name on the phone talking bad about me infront of them.

I was so shocked to be treated this way! Like I said the room issues were so minor, we didn't make a fuss about them we just let the front desk know that there were concerns with our room. I got the feeling that they think their hotel is perfect so beware if you find something not perfect and dare say anything about it.

It was horrible to be a guest and feel that way by the front desk clerk.

What was unique and special about this hotel was they had the Bible open on the table with a laminated traveler's prayer on top of it. We thought that was very special for them to do. But it really lost meaning after being treated so poorly by the front desk clerk. I wish she had not humiliated me like she did.

The next morning the manager was there at check out but I was still so embarrassed by how I was treated that I had my husband turn in the keys instead and he said she didn't say a thing to him. I thought she might have appologized for the way her employee had talked (she heard it since she was at the other end of the phone).

Besides that really rude front desk employee who made me feel so bad - we had an alright stay. I certainly hope the management will train all of their employees on how to have good customer service and how to treat people with respect.

• Liked — Traveler's prayer left on an open Bible
  • Disliked — being treated poorly by the front desk clerk
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank nowincolorado
Cadet, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

My husband, our friends, and I decided to take a short week-end trip. Upon leaving early Sat. morning, we had no idea where we would end-up spending the night. Pulling into Jefferson City early in the day and after taking in the sights of the capitol bldg. and surrounding area, we decided to look for a hotel. There was a softball tournament in town and rooms were limited. We pulled into the Comfort Suites and walked into the hotel. The front desk clerk was so nice and accommodating. Upon entering our room, it was beautifully decorated. I can't say enough about this hotel. Clean, spacious, friendly staff, and a huge choice of breakfast items. Nearby mall to shop if you are interested. Many choices of restaurants, also. This was one of the best Comfort Suites we have ever stayed in. Don't hesitate to stay here. If you are interested , there is a nice indoor pool and spa. Something I had never seen before in a pool area was a swing for people to relax and enjoy . Pool towels were plentiful. I can't brag enough about this hotel. Quiet, quiet, quiet.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2008

if you can live without receiving your morning paper, i would recommend this hotel fully. (they ran out of papers the day i was there.) And, if your car can make it up the steep hill where it's located at, you're all good.

I concur with the last poster. the beds are comfy and the towels are soft. I got a king suite and it was very roomy. its close to the capital area and lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.

Plus, Lonestar steakhouse will give you a free appetizer when you show you're key card. enjoy.

• Stayed January 2008