All reviews beautiful little boutique hotel adorable hotel curtain separating beautiful roof tequila shots noisy at night open shower hotel bar inner courtyard reception staff other guests surfer town rooms are clean small hotel mini fridge bring earplugs town square
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Love the decor, simplicity and affordability of Hotel Hafa. Their customer service leaves some things to be desired. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't good either. We loved the rooftop deck and sultry bar downstairs with the most amazing cocktails, made by a knowledgeable bartender. Some may enjoy being just off the center of town but keep in mind the noise from adjacent bars comes along with that. Many of my friends slept with ear plugs. Overall, I do recommend Hafa, but it really depends on what you're looking for!

Remember they only accept pesos or USD upon arrival. They are very strict, borderline rude about this.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauruna
Reviewed 13 January 2017

My sister and I stayed here back in 2014. I love this little place. Very boho hippy chic.... I came back in 2016 to Sayulita to get married, we didnt stay here but stopped by to take a few wedding pics.. my husband I plan on coming back to Sayulita and will stay at the Hafa. Its perfect for a quiet get away..... for some it might not be fancy or "resorty" but I love it!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank NickeyG11
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Magical Place, simple chic, boho vibe. Near from the beach and the plaza, in the middle of the action.
Lots of style (Like a love affair between Barragan And Frida Kahlo ;D), mexican artisan artcrafted.
Inspiring people, nice boutique, awesome sunsets at the rooftop.
Not for the ones who likes "all inclusive", big hotels, extra luxury amenities and quiet places. For adventures, open minded, travellers, surfers and interesting people, wild at the heart. Love the store there and the Pachamama (same family owners). Love my time there!

Room Tip: Stay upstairs,
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank betinaepiphanio
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Petit Hotel d'Hafa is right in the center of Sayulita, which makes it the perfect place to stay if you want to be a part of the action! It gets very noisy at night. This is not a good hotel if you want to SLEEP, but it's a fantastic hotel if you want to be apart of the action and excitement of beautiful Sayulita.

You have to pay extra for an A/C unit (not too much) and they close the gate for siesta, so if you are arriving during that time, you cannot get into the hotel. We stood outside with our bags until we found someone to let us in.

The owners are incredibly nice as are the staff. The rooftop lounge is so beautiful and a great refuge from the heat -- they also provide Tequila for sharing on the rooftop.

A great affordable stay in a beautiful city.

Walking distance to the beach and fun restaurants!

Room Tip: Great rooftop for sunset views!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Crystal N
Reviewed 20 April 2016

This is a beautiful little boutique hotel in the heart of Sayulita. Yes, I brought earplugs and slept just fine. Our room was spacious, clean, and private. The public areas for lounging are very comfortable, beautifully decorated, with plenty of room to share with other guests. The girls at the desk spoke English and were very helpful and friendly, in fact everyone seems to speak English and is very friendly. It's a great little town. Just don't swim in the ocean, it makes everyone sick. We ended up seeking out other beaches up and down the coast, including Playas de Meurtos, which is within walking distance of town.

Room Tip: The basement rooms are a little damp and musty, but not a deal breaker.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family