All reviews full kitchen apartment style washer dryer laundry area separate bedroom location is ideal a great place to stay orange juice continental breakfast weekend stay back porch in town wonderful experience my husband and i laura cereal suite
Reviewed 3 September 2017

took the train to Hermann for wife's birthday.Inn was easy walking distance from train station, about 2-3 blocks. Very laid back atmosphere at the inn. Suite included full kitchen, living room, separate bedroom and bath/shower room. Room had snacks and water and oj for free. It was very hot outside but the A/C worked great in both the room and hallways. it was the quietest sleeping experience I have ever encountered. No noise in the inn or from the street. very reasonable prices also. Located near all the downtown shops, restaurants and bars. Definitely would go back there again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The owner & her wonderful grand son's; who were there on summer vacation, made us feel like we were @ home (such great kids). My family was in Hermann for a "Birthday Weekend" for my cousin. From check-in to check-out we felt so welcome & well cared for. We rented two rooms (3-days & 2-nights/5 people total) & we all slept sound & peacefully every night we were there. The rooms are fully furnished & I cooked a hot breakfast in my room everyday. This is a lovely B&B, a beautiful town, filled with beautiful people. We will be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

If you looked up "accommodation" in the dictionary, you would see a photo Hermann House innkeepers Chris and Laura Oetting. Chris even jokingly offered to paint the walls in our suite if we wanted a different color scheme. My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend getaway ahead of viewing the "Great American Solar Eclipse" on August 21, 2017. Our suite was clean, comfortable, homey, and very reasonably priced compared to other lodging in the area. While I wasn't able to access the WiFi in our room, I didn't bother to ask for assistance. Why? Because I realized that was a great excuse to set aside the work I'd brought with me and just relax and enjoy the trip! The location was perfect since most of the attractions that were of interest to us were within easy walking distance. Each suite is stocked for a simple Continental breakfast - instant oatmeal, cereals, packaged pastries, orange juice, fruit cups, etc. Upon our arrival, Laura asked if we needed some milk. I told her that it wasn't necessary that evening, but we would like some for the following day. She dropped off the milk the following morning while we were out and about and noticed that the bananas we had brought along looked a bit overripe. When we returned to the room, we saw that she had taken it upon herself to provide us with fresh bananas! That was definitely above and beyond what we expected. Unlike some of the places in Hermann, the Oettings did not raise their rates to capitalize on the draw of the eclipse. We found that quite refreshing. We would definitely recommend Hermann House to others and it would be our first choice of lodging for a return visit.

Room Tip: We loved staying in Suite 3, which offered a nice view of Schiller Street and was very quiet and felt very private.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017

7 of us women just returned from staying at the Hermann House this weekend in apartment #9 and we had a great trip! Laura the owner is the sweetest, and most hard working woman you will ever meet! She greets you with a warmth and genuine compassion that you don't find these days. We were all impressed with the size of the apartment and were happy that it could actually accommodate 7 guests comfortably (2 in the queen bed, 1 in each of the 2 twin beds, 2 on the pull out couch, and 1 on the other couch) as opposed to 6 which is what is advertised. The apartment is right in the heart of down town making most everything within walking distance. There is great off street parking in back, and an elevator will take you up to your apartment.
The apartment was very clean and comfortable. Laura was sweet and accommodating during the whole trip and genuinely wanted to make sure we were having a carefree trip! Our group really enjoyed sitting out on the deck in the evenings and listening to the nearby bands! We will definitely be returning to Hermann and will be staying at the Hermann House with Laura!

Room Tip: Apartment 9 sleeps 7, and Laura provides tons of extra bedding, and pillows.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We went to Hermann for a friend birthday get a away and would so recommend staying here again. Clean big and spacious was the rooms. Laura the owner went out of her way for all of us. Thanks Laura again for the excellent stay. ❤️

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends