“The new owners are very nice but hotel needs work”
Review of Vinchester Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hermann
Vinchester Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hermann
chicago, illinois
“The new owners are very nice but hotel needs work”
Reviewed 21 May 2010

My Husband and I went to Hermann, MO at the last minute and when arrived saw that there were plenty of B&B's but not many hotel/motel options. I quickly got on tripadvisor and found that the Hermann Motel got horrible reviews so called the Vinchester Inn since that was the only non B&B option and it had luke warm review.

The owners are new and had only owned the property for 3 weeks. They were VERY NICE people and I hope they do well but they have plenty of work in front of them. They said they were going to start painting the next week after we left. I feel the cost of the room was pricey for what we got. We paid approx $73 per night. I think until they spruce it up the cost of the room should be less. We stayed two nights.

Since we were last minute we didn't have much choice in our room location. The room we had was right off the front desk so we heard people coming and going, phones, etc.
Our room did not have a balcony but some do. The room itself was clean but needed major updating. We had two plastic lawn chairs, an older table, dresser and two full beds. The light fixtures were old, the light shade that hung over the table was all torn up. The A/C unit did not work and the outlet by the sink did not work. The bathroom sink was in the main room next to one of the beds. The room had a 19" TV, Refrige (that was old and needed some cleaning), a microwave and an alarm clock. I don't recall a phone in the room. The bathroom really needed some attention. The tub surround needed cleaning along with painting. The shower head was scary it needed to be replaced and the shower curtain was old and had seen better days.

Each morning they made coffee, had packaged sweet rolls, a good variety of granola bars and fresh fruit along with boxed juices. My Husband and I liked the options they had, it was nice to see things other than donuts.

The only other things that we would have liked was to have a few more fresh towels brought to the room for our second night stay, luggage racks (there was no where to place your luggage other than the floor... and more soap (the bars they gave were so small and I think old that they cracked when you opened them and did not last for more than one shower.

The location was walking distance to most everything!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zabler
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Illinois
Reviewed 7 April 2009

My friend and I stayed at the Vinchester Inn as part of a girls trip. We stayed on a weeknight so were the only people there besides the innkeeper. We noticed that she put us in a room with no balcony. When we asked to move, we were told that it would cost more and it was raining anyway. What? It's not like anyone else was in the entire place! I will say, though, that the room was spotlessly clean, very very modest but clean. The innkeeper was helpful in recommending a good place for dinner.
I would stay there again but would be more explicit about what type of room I'd like.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank notcrabbi
Metropolis, Illinois
Reviewed 17 November 2008

The inn is small, but a very nice place to stay. The facility is clean and the inn keeper is hard working. The breakfast consists of a pastry (pre-packaged), coffee and juice. Most rooms have two double beds. It is not fancy by any means, but the location cannot be beat! I will stay here again the next time I visit Hermann.

• Liked — Location.
  • Disliked — The size of the beds.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jlcarter1975
warrenton
Reviewed 14 June 2008

Our stay in Herrmann was really nice and we enjoyed being in your Inn.
I would recommend it

Jane Nielsen

• Stayed June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
19.1 km away
Captain Wohlt Inn
#2 of 50 in Hermann
1.2 km away
Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages

Been to Vinchester Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK