Garth Woodside Mansion Estate
ComfortInn
US$ 74
  • Breakfast included
US$ 65
Quality Inn & Suites(Hannibal)(Great Value!)
US$ 84
US$ 61
Orbitz.com
US$ 117
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjulie and johngarth juicegarth roomthe cottagesgravel roadbed and breakfastrosewood roomthe main househot tubrelaxing getawayfeel right at homeyear anniversarydown to earthother guestsfresh fruitquichegreat weekend
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This place may just be the best kept secret within driving distance. My husband was asked by a city-dwelling friend to find a peaceful quiet place of rest and relaxation in the middle of nowhere. My husband called friends he knew in Hannibal and they recommended Garth Mansion. The city-dweller liked it so much, we had to check it out. We did this last weekend and we also LOVED it. We have visited Hannibal many times, but had never heard of this place.

Room Tip: any room is a good room! I looked at all of them (if the door was open)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lois L
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We have now been to Garth on several occasions. When trying to decide where to get away for our anniversary, it was a no-brainer. Being at Garth is like going home to family. Julie and John are fantastic hosts, the food is great, and it's the most relaxing place we've ever been. It's always hard to leave. We've never been disappointed and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Perfectly delightful surroundings and fabulous food prepared by Julie and her creative culinary arts.

1  Thank Jeanette M
Reviewed 26 May 2012

There are no words to discribe this experience. Julie and John are the dearest hostess and host one could ever meet. Combine this with a dreop-dead gorgeous physical arena, beautifully appointed mansion with all of the fineries of yesteryear, 40 acres of lovely outdoor surroundings, adorable smiling llamas, divine food and the hominess which wraps around your heart. We would love to return to this special place and were sad to leave after three wonderful days. Don't pass this up!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanette M
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Garth Woodside Mansion Estate is a wonderful getaway.

Before I traveled to Hannibal, I did my usual internet research to try to find a good place to stay.
I saw some questionable reviews about Garth Woodside Mansion Estate but it looked to charming to pass up.
I am glad I decided to take the chance because John and Julie are as pleasant as their Inn is fabulous. We had a great time the room was clean and resplendent with a truly historic vibe.
History with no mold is hard to come by.
We stayed in the Samuel Clements room, after all isn't that the draw of Hannibal?
The food was great and the Garth juice seemed to be made from fresh squeezed Garths !!

I highly recommend this establishment. And if all that was not good enough I found my first four leaf clover in their lawn. I spent hours in my youth trying to find one. Now I can mark that off my bucket list.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family