“Pretty good food”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The Mark Twain Dinette has been a Hannibal tradition and must-stop destination since 1942. We are known for our Maid-Rites, homemade frosty mugs of root beer, famous breaded onion rings, and tenderloins. There was a transfer of ownership as of April 1st, 2015.
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Came into town for business, and stopped in for lunch. The place was pretty empty, and I was greeted and seated immediately. The server gave me plenty of time to check out the menu before she came to take my order. The good was out in a timely manner.

The place was quaint and I enjoyed the small town feel. It’s basically an old-time dinette with oldies playing overhead.

The food was good, if a bit greasy, but that’s what you expect from this kind of place.

Overall, it was a good experience, and I would dine here again.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We got there 30 minutes before closing time and they made us feel downright welcome. Their homemade root beer was delicious. I had a horseshoe which was great and my wife loved the burger she ordered. The onion rings are also fantastic. We’d happily go back!

Reviewed 27 January 2018

I used to love the maid rites at this place but something happened.....was it me or the sandwich? One visit I tried them again and they were very greasy so the next visit I went for the burger and it was OK. The fries are great. Texas toast, not so much. We will give it another chance because its always been a favorite when we visit the area.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

The food is decent, the service was great, and it was right across from our hotel. We always enjoy coming to this restaurant because it has a nice, small-town feel.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Took my 3 kids and Hubs to this place because 10yrs ago it was awesome. That is not the case now. The food was horrible the service was ok. The root beer was ok. We will not be back. So disappointed.

1  Thank Kami L

Been to Mark Twain Dinette? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK