“Tasty stop”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The Mark Twain Dinette has been a Hannibal tradition and must-stop destination since 1942. We are known for our Maid-Rites, homemade frosty mugs of root beer, famous breaded onion rings, and tenderloins. There was a transfer of ownership as of April 1st, 2015.
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We got there 30 minutes before closing time and they made us feel downright welcome. Their homemade root beer was delicious. I had a horseshoe which was great and my wife loved the burger she ordered. The onion rings are also fantastic. We’d happily go back!

Reviewed 27 January 2018

I used to love the maid rites at this place but something happened.....was it me or the sandwich? One visit I tried them again and they were very greasy so the next visit I went for the burger and it was OK. The fries are great. Texas toast, not so much. We will give it another chance because its always been a favorite when we visit the area.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

The food is decent, the service was great, and it was right across from our hotel. We always enjoy coming to this restaurant because it has a nice, small-town feel.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Took my 3 kids and Hubs to this place because 10yrs ago it was awesome. That is not the case now. The food was horrible the service was ok. The root beer was ok. We will not be back. So disappointed.

1  Thank Kami L
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Went here with a friend. The root beer was fine. Very sweet, but I guess that’s root beer , so it was nice enough for what it was.
The food though was very greasy and poor. I’d only give the food 1 star to be honest.
I had the brisket and it was so greasy that I didn’t eat much of it at all.
Thankfully I had lovely company with me that had suggested the place or I really would have complained. Very poor and if in that part of the world again I’d avoid at all costs.

2  Thank Juliet R