“Great Root Beer”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The Mark Twain Dinette has been a Hannibal tradition and must-stop destination since 1942. We are known for our Maid-Rites, homemade frosty mugs of root beer, famous breaded onion rings, and tenderloins. There was a transfer of ownership as of April 1st, 2015.
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I used to love the maid rites at this place but something happened.....was it me or the sandwich? One visit I tried them again and they were very greasy so the next visit I went for the burger and it was OK. The fries are great. Texas toast, not so much. We will give it another chance because its always been a favorite when we visit the area.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 24 January 2018

The food is decent, the service was great, and it was right across from our hotel. We always enjoy coming to this restaurant because it has a nice, small-town feel.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Took my 3 kids and Hubs to this place because 10yrs ago it was awesome. That is not the case now. The food was horrible the service was ok. The root beer was ok. We will not be back. So disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Kami L
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Went here with a friend. The root beer was fine. Very sweet, but I guess that’s root beer , so it was nice enough for what it was.
The food though was very greasy and poor. I’d only give the food 1 star to be honest.
I had the brisket and it was so greasy that I didn’t eat much of it at all.
Thankfully I had lovely company with me that had suggested the place or I really would have complained. Very poor and if in that part of the world again I’d avoid at all costs.

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank 164julietr
Reviewed 16 December 2017

The Mark Twain Dinette is a nice place to get a great lunch, right in the heart of downtown Hannibal. The service was great! My husband enjoyed an order of frog legs and homemade Root Beer! Our sandwiches were delicious as well as the sides! I loved the fact that after our lunch, we could go right back out and continue touring the town and quaint little shops!

Date of visit: November 2017

Been to Mark Twain Dinette? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK