“Great location to grab a bite and enjoy the local attractions”
Review of Mark Twain Dinette

Mark Twain Dinette
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Hannibal
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The Mark Twain Dinette has been a Hannibal tradition and must-stop destination since 1942. We are known for our Maid-Rites, homemade frosty mugs of root beer, famous breaded onion rings, and tenderloins. There was a transfer of ownership as of April 1st, 2015.
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We were traveling through Hannibal and stopped for lunch. I had the Reuben with a side of Cinnamon Apples and wife had the Pilgrim Turkey Burger with the same apple side.
Because the corn beef was shredded or chopped, there was not the problem of some Reuben sandwiches having some tough meat to chew. Mine was tender and tasty. My wife thought the turkey burger tended toward being dry and did not care for the dressing on the sandwich. Having partaken of Famous Dave's cinnamon apples, we were a bit disappointed in the cinnamon apples here. Nothing special. Service was friendly and satisfactory. There were evidently several travelers as the ladies rest room seemed buy with lines at times as if facility not designed to handle the traffic.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Have family members who talked about maid-rite sandwiches. This is the place with the original recipe. From 1927?? Anyway... now we've had them. Good! Cute little diner, nice experience.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Their staff here is always so kind and helpful! They have the best maidrites I’ve ever had! And they are really cheap too! I just recently learned they have a “drive up” you can order your food from an outdoor menu and they will bring your food to you in your vehicle, much like sonic does. I tried it out and it was quick and easy! I highly recommend a visit there for some great food and a great price!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a classic diner in downtown while visiting the Mark Twain attractions and this place certainly fit the bill. It opened in 1942 and retains much of its original charm. The folks were very friendly and I was seated and had my drink quickly. The menu has classic fare to choose from and I had a bowl of Chili and a salad. The food, service and atmosphere were all great. A Hannibal tradition!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

The Mark Twain Dinette offers excellent food in a friendly atmosphere. They are celebrating their 75th year in business in 2017. Naturally enough, there are Mark Twain portraits on display throughout the restaurant. It is convenient to downtown Hannibal. I recommend the 1 foot tower of onion rings and maid rite burgers. However, they offer a full range of food for almost any taste. The staff is always friendly. It is certainly a restaurant to visit.

Been to Mark Twain Dinette? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK