“Good lunch spot”

Ole Planters Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 73 Restaurants in Hannibal
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We asked a local for where they would go for dinner and they suggested Ole Planters. We could not have been happier. The restaurant had been there for years and its decor suggested this in a charming way. The dinners were a mix of locals and visitors. The dinning was homestyle and yummy. The meats were cooked to yummy perfection just like mom would do. As we were eatting the cook was bringing out freshly made pies which tasted as good as they smelled. One of the customers wanted to buy the entire pie it was so good. We loved Hannibal and this was the perfect restaurant to top off a day of traveling back in time and enjoying Main Street USA and the Mississippi as Tom Sawyer and his friends might have.
Reviewed 1 December 2015

Stopped here on way through during long drive holiday week. Special was BBQ sandwich and it was good. Food was good, service was okay.
We were in the off season so staff was pretty much 1 person.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

Thought this place looked interesting so went in for lunch. Very nice lady working there. Only one we saw in there and she did everything, took orders, cleaned tables, took payments, delivered food. First thing I noticed was it looked dirty. Cobwebs and dust over all the many many things decorating the place. Food was just ok, nothing special. I went to the ladies restroom, a one-holer and it was nasty. Dirty, door was hard to get shut and locked, very old, and the toilet wouldn't flush at all. Just overall not an enticing atmosphere. I wouldn't waste my time or money there again.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Stopped there for lunch. Awesome pulled pork/beef special for Saturday lunch. Staff was very friendly. Restaurant is decorated in the 1800's spirit. Will go back again when we are in town

1  Thank 309LoriS
Reviewed 24 October 2015

I had the "day's special" which was a fish which were the worst I ever had.
The service was OK but the total impression felt because of the food.

1  Thank 57Klas
Reviewed 20 October 2015

I had the Meatloaf special and my wife had chicken fried steak. The meatloaf was good and my wife liked hers.