All reviews hot tub pool area fun dome six flags purina farms kids eat free free shuttle hotel restaurant large pool front gate shuttle service stayed at the holiday inn shuffle board rec area an older hotel beds were comfortable parking lot
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We have made the trek north to St. Louis for years now.

It started when our children were small, and the memories they have of the hotel and these trips are some of their favorites.

We always work in a round of golf during our trips to the theme park, water park or just sightseeing in the city.

The hotel itself has always remained constant.

Great front desk service, clean rooms, and an overall pleasant stay.

The hallways have a tendency to be muggy during the summer months, but that is simply the indoor pool and the warm air leaking in from people coming and going. The rooms are incredibly comfortable.

We stayed in a pool view room, and during the day and early evening it can tend to be noisy. But as they close the pool...the noise goes away. It in no way interfered with our sleeping.

My only wish is that the smoking area was a little further from the back door. T

The entrance to our room was near that door and because they propped in open when smoking, the hallway smelled like a bowling alley.

Overall, a minor inconvenience in an overall good stay.

Room tip: I think having a pool view is worth it, especially if you have kids.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

What a nice review to learn you have stayed at our hotel for years. It is great to know we can be part of a families memories.

We appreciate the feedback and are working to keep the outside smoking area further away from the building.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Check out is 11am, we extended ours until noon. We came back to the room at 10:45am to pack up. We found housekeeping had already came in and stripped the bedding. They also took a $30 bag of groceries that was on the table, but left a magazine that was in the bag. We found part of the food on a housekeeping cart down the hall. I found the housekeeper & she said her partner had the rest, claiming they thought we had checked out & left the food behind. I call it stealing. I reported it to the front desk who said they would adjust the bill. We did get all the food back. We’ll never stay at this HI again.

Room tip: Find a different hotel
Trip type: Travelled with family
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

I am so sorry to learn of your experience. Things like this can be very frustrating when you are traveling and I apologize we caused you concern. I know my management staff will address your concerns with our staff. The guest experience is key and we appreciate you letting us know.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

This was our second visit to this hotel. We had several rooms as we had family all in town together. It was so nice to have a large area to sit and hang out together. The pool area has several seating area spots and even has a bar and a snack bar. It was a great choice. The restaurant was good as well and the server was awesome. The medieval look sets it apart from the other hotels. The very good rating applies to those reasons. On the negative side, the room wasn’t as clean as I would have liked. Maybe it was just the little detail, but there were hairs in the tub and part of a sandwich under one bed. We had a note that said the beds were new, enjoy. One bed was good and did seem new. The second one, not so much. I kept sliding to the middle of the bed. Pillows were full and fluffy. Would have been nice to have a few less full ones to sleep on though. I’d rate the room portion just average at best.

Room tip: Pool area closes at 11. Loud until then.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you for the feedback. Great to know you and your family chose our hotel to get together. You comments are helpful and will be shared with our staff.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Room was nice & recently renovated. This was the only good thing about our stay.
We had a room near the large indoor pool, which my husband requested. After dinner, we wanted to go for a swim. The pool was FILLED with older children playing keep away with a ball. There did not appear to be parents there with these kids. They were running and jumping into the pool, screaming & yelling. We got our towels, and opted for the hot tub. My 11 year old son went back to the room & said he could not take the yelling & screaming.

My husband and I went to the hot tub. There were two other couples in the hot tub at that time. After about 10-15 minutes, the two other couples left & the children who were in the pool came over to the hot tub. At that time, we got out. I went to ask the "pool attendant" if he was in charge there. He looked at me like I had three eyes. I said we are leaving due to the unruly children who do not appear to have parents with them. They are breaking the posted pool rules by running and going into the hot tub without a parent. The "pool attendant" huffed and said well, if this is a complaint, I have to address it. He clearly did not want to have to do anything that required any effort.

We went back to the room to watch some TV before we went to sleep. There was a wedding reception in the ball room that night. The guests were congregating around the pool area & were fairly loud. We turned up the TV & figured it would stop once it was 11:00 since that is when that area closed for the evening.

We fell asleep to only be awoken by the sound of loud, screaming people around midnight. My husband called the front desk to advise them. They said there was a wedding reception. My husband reminded them that the festivities should be over by now and they apologized, and said they would send security to handle the issue.

No such luck. We were again awoken around 1:15 a.m. to the same loud screaming and people running around. My husband got up, walked to the front desk to advise the person on duty of the situation. They again apologized and said they'd send security to handle the issue.

Again, no such luck. We were once again awoken around 2:00 a.m. to the same screaming, yelling and people running around. I called the front desk and advised them that if they do not get their guests under control, I'd be calling the police.

The room we had was $170/night before taxes & fees. They offered to reduce it by half for the inconvenience we experienced. It helped, but we were still not satisfied.

We paid for a room, the same that the wedding reception family paid for a room. The rules of the hotel should apply to ALL GUESTS. The wedding party should not receive an exemption to run wild throughout the hotel all night long.

ADVICE TO FUTURE GUESTS -- SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!! The staff clearly did not care about ensuring the hotel was quiet after midnight. There is no way to get a good night's sleep in that type of environment.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Road trip with three granddaughters 7, 10, and 13 to Six Flags America. This property is not new but very well maintained. Pool area had everything you'd want to entertain the kids. Big indoor pool area, arcade, Pizza parlor in the pool area, and a little bar for adult beverages.

While not a big fan of hotel food, the hotel restaurant was very good for breakfast and dinner. The restaurant service was very good and the waiters went out of their way to be nice and take care of us.

Kudos to the front desk personnel for prompt and efficient check in and also had a great deal for Six Flag tickets and free shuttle to and back from the park.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you so much for the detailed comments. The feedback is important to us and future travelers. We hope you visit again.