“Six Flags St. Louis Hurricane Harbor on my birthday”
Review of Hurricane Harbor

Hurricane Harbor
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Eureka
More attraction details
Owner description: Part of the Six Flags theme park in St. Louis, this water extravaganza features millions of gallons of splashin' fun with spectacular shows, thrilling rides and attractions for the whole family.
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Me and my family had a great time at six flags. I decided I wanted to go there for my birthday. It was over 100 degrees so we went to the waterpark. I have been to six flags great adventure and it was way to crowded in the heat. So we went to the waterpark and it was really crowded (not suprising). The only slide I went on was the wahoo racer, which was loads of fun, I am very scared of heights so I didn't go on a lot of rides, but my dad and brother and mom went on a lot. My dad and brother raced each other on the new slide, Bonzai Pipeline. Me and my mom watched them from below. I tried to get up to the big kahuna family ride, but I chickened out, so my dad, mom, and brother went on it without me. We all raced each other on the wahoo racer, we all went airborn at points, my mom won the race. The lazy river was awesome, but a very long line to get tubes, it was absurd. The wave pool was nice, but they cleared everyone out every 10 minutes, so annoying when your having fun. All in all it was a lot of fun, to bad a severe thunderstorm came in and we had to evacuate six flags (i have a video of it on youtube), it was fun even though the batman ride got struck by lightning which was scary, everyone was running to there cars screaming and getting hit by hail, I got pelted in the back of the neck it really hurt. Anyway it was a very fun day and I would reccomend this waterpark to you.

All reviews
"admission"
"st"
"louis"

Reviewed 19 January 2012

on hot days at six flags we go here and i love the kids area also the wave pool

1  Thank bowserjrfan1000
Reviewed 14 September 2011

If you've ever been to Typhoon Lagoon in Disney World, this is the 2nd best thing at a much more reasonable price! If you're already a Six Flags passholder, your pass will get you into this park no matter what state you reside in. It is set up similar to Typhoon Lagoon, with a very large wavepool. It's very clean, spread out, lots of water slides (mild to challenging). They have lockers and food on site. The park opens at 11AM, so get there at 10 to ride your favorites in the amusement park side, then head over for some fun in the sun!

Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is by far the best Water Park in the St. Louis area. There is another waterpark near St. Louis (Raging Rivers), but it is a very old, outdated park with very rough slides and a very lame lazy river. Hurricane Harbor has a wonderful and long lazy river that is well themed and landscaped, very secluded feel. They have tons of slides and we had a great time. The only downside is having to deal with the theme park side of the location to get to the waterpark, but once there it is a blast. They do get you with the lockers, so be prepared to spend a little extra money.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The Wahoo Racer slide racing apparatus is not long enough for people over 5'3". My husband and I both have abrasions on our feet and it took the polish off my toenails from banging. On the red Speed Slide lifted my head so could breathe and head was massively banged, will include photos of next day. Forehead swollen and massive strawberry on scalp. Was in extreme pain and severe headache all rest of the day, it ruined the whole experience. 2 days out and still with headache.The Tornado requires you to carry your own raft a long distance and up stairs. I was by myself with little niece had very hard time carrying heavy raft and am very sore. The ride itself was great. Also had concerns that you have to hold on, there are no straps securing you to the raft. The Gulley Gusher was enjoyable, and water play areas very nice and well monitored. The Big Kahuna was not running. It was very dirty to walk around with lots of soggy trash, sand and mud. Have to pay for tubes for tube slides. Don't know cost. Locker rental available but pricey.

3  Thank timcarla

Been to Hurricane Harbor? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK