We were in town for state wrestling and called the day of to get a room, they had a few rooms left so we booked over the phone. We got to the hotel and went straight to the room unpacked and didnt return until almost 11pm so we did not have the time to look around and notice how filthy and old everything was. It was very hard to get to sleep due to the paper thin walls, the man in the room next to us was talking on his cell phone and I could actually hear the other person talking back to him!!! Also there was no comforter on the bed only sheets and a paper thin blanket that was laid across the foot of the bed and when stretched out did not even cover the entire queen bed. SO after a cold restless night I got up to use the restroom at 7am, the toilet clogged and I went to front desk for help & after a 10 minute delay they handed me a plunger rather then fix the problem. I then go to shower in the dirty moldy bathroom and couldn't get the water to get hot because the handle was broken and just spun around & would not stay on a temperature. I finally had to wrap a wet towel around the handle to hold it to a semi warm temperature. Then around 8:30am a loud knock at the door and a woman screaming HOUSEKEEPING, I opened it and said we were not leaving yet, she said I will come back later, so at 8:40 the SAME woman knocked again, again screaming housekeeping, so I opened it and she said very rudely, ARENT YOU CHECKING OUT TODAY?, I said YES but not now, I technically have a couple more hours, glad I wasn't sleeping! Finally my husband and I go to get breakfast at 9:05 (didnt realize the continental was over at 9 since most hotels go until 10) They were nice enough to let us grab a bagel before they locked things up, well it ended up in the trash because they kept them unwrapped in the open air and were literally hard as rocks, couldnt even cut into them they were SO stale. My son stayed at the Quality Inn with his team for half the price of ours and said he had a great breakfast with no troubles, I would recommend looking elsewear, this hotel is 15 years past it's prime and in need of major updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient access to Interstate 70 and Highway 63 just minutes from downtown Columbia, restaurants and shopping. We are located directly across the street from the Women's and Children's Hospital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Baymont Inn And Suites Columbia
- Holiday Inn Columbia