“Bad Experience All around” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Imperial, Missouri
“Bad Experience All around”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were in town for state wrestling and called the day of to get a room, they had a few rooms left so we booked over the phone. We got to the hotel and went straight to the room unpacked and didnt return until almost 11pm so we did not have the time to look around and notice how filthy and old everything was. It was very hard to get to sleep due to the paper thin walls, the man in the room next to us was talking on his cell phone and I could actually hear the other person talking back to him!!! Also there was no comforter on the bed only sheets and a paper thin blanket that was laid across the foot of the bed and when stretched out did not even cover the entire queen bed. SO after a cold restless night I got up to use the restroom at 7am, the toilet clogged and I went to front desk for help & after a 10 minute delay they handed me a plunger rather then fix the problem. I then go to shower in the dirty moldy bathroom and couldn't get the water to get hot because the handle was broken and just spun around & would not stay on a temperature. I finally had to wrap a wet towel around the handle to hold it to a semi warm temperature. Then around 8:30am a loud knock at the door and a woman screaming HOUSEKEEPING, I opened it and said we were not leaving yet, she said I will come back later, so at 8:40 the SAME woman knocked again, again screaming housekeeping, so I opened it and she said very rudely, ARENT YOU CHECKING OUT TODAY?, I said YES but not now, I technically have a couple more hours, glad I wasn't sleeping! Finally my husband and I go to get breakfast at 9:05 (didnt realize the continental was over at 9 since most hotels go until 10) They were nice enough to let us grab a bagel before they locked things up, well it ended up in the trash because they kept them unwrapped in the open air and were literally hard as rocks, couldnt even cut into them they were SO stale. My son stayed at the Quality Inn with his team for half the price of ours and said he had a great breakfast with no troubles, I would recommend looking elsewear, this hotel is 15 years past it's prime and in need of major updating.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Jennifer0619
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

Have stayed at bayonet about 5 years ago and liked it. Very disappointed this time. Sheets had following problems: small blood? Stain, pulled, small holes. Wifi didn't carry to the room. Wifi didn't work in lobby. Tried to print boarding pass but printer didn't work. Pool was half empty and closed (in middle of the summer). Toilet plugged and staff gave
Us a plunger rather than help solve problem. Towels werent dried all the way (damp).
The staff was nice and the building is well constructed and quiet but the management needs to be trained on basic expectations of travelers.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
baymont34546, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Baymont Inn & Suites in Columbia, your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. The hotel’s management has reviewed your comments and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.(Sorry about the pool has been closed for 3 days-reg. maintenance)

Again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to use Baymont Inn & Suites hotels as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from the Baymont Inn & Suites.

Travellers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

In a recent 15 night, 12 hotel tour of the west, this motel ranks as the worst of the 12.
Interestingly, the first time I tried to post a negative review, it was rejected. This
may explain why Trip Advisor ratiings are not as useful as they might be. The positive reviews I submitted were not rejected. Regarding the problems with
our room at the Baymont, the doors did not close properly (bathroom door and entry
door). The sheets were yellow (I am pretty sure they were originally white). There was
a bad odor in the entry way. The first two sets of keys that I was given, did not work.
The third time was the charm.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the area, so this one can be avoided.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

Stayed at the Baymont for a baseball tournament. The staff is very rude and upon complaining once told one of the other players parent if we did not like it we could go to another hotel. Room was very dirty. I cleaned it myself upon arrival. There was soap left in the soap dish in the shower, the bathroom faucet was dirty, urine on the toilet and floor, microwave had leftover food in it, floors were dirty. I hope the sheets were clean. the shower did not drain. Yuck!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kmbrn
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

Just do yourself a favor, if you are making reservations in advance don't plan on canceling them at all. I just tried to cancel for this weekend (there was a death in my family) and I was told by the Baymont Customer service and the hotel itself that I can not cancel. It is only Wednesday. I asked them to cancel one of the two nights, and conveniently they can't do this. This is awful customer service! I will never stay at a Wyndham brand hotel ever again. They are getting my last $200 this weekend for a room I will never check into.

Stayed November 2010
baymont34546, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 November 2010
Dear Melissa: I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this experience has caused. We can definitely understand how frustrating this would be, especially in event like this. Sometimes is very difficult for the hotel to make any changes to third parties reservations,( Internet booking, non-cancellable reservation, advanced purchasing booking, sold-out week end....) unfortunately yours was one of them, and just to let you know you were charged only one night. Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope you will give us another chance, to show you the high level of hospitality that Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia, Missouri practicing every single day.