All reviews sports bar sports zone indoor and outdoor pools the hotel was fully booked coffee maker front desk staff business traveler fitness center rooms are nice free breakfast convention pillows mo facility missouri pets refrigerator
Reviewed 17 October 2017

VERY clean comfortable room, plenty of lighting, plenty of cable channels on TV. VERY comfortable bed and super comfy pillows. My only complaint would be no grab bars in the shower, this could be a HUGE issue for an elderly or disabled traveller. A bit miserly with the soap, one bar for both shower and sink?

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Some grab and go type food in the small downstairs shop would be a huge bonus.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
hotelstaff1234, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear celticmuse,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Executive Center and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to provide those extra amenities in the future. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I arrived off the Interstate one night and was pleasantly surprised at their competitive room rate without reservation. And then they gave me another 10% off as a senior discount. I found the whole place to be clean and well kept. Room was nice. Everything worked. Heat had an easy to use wall controller.

The small bathroom did not have a urinal for men to pee standing up, nor a bidet for personal cleanliness.

Wi-fi and TV worked well. Towels were nice and thick. Bed comfortable. Nice place.

The street crossing I-70 is the craziest X cross lanes you ever saw. Be very careful.

This hotel was barefoot friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floor has better view. Good elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
hotelstaff1234, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear The_Old_Philosopher,
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Executive Center. We're excited to hear about your positive overall experience with us and glad we could provide a great rate and special amenities. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you again soon.
Safe travels,

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

First trip we took with our pets and we were super happy with the accommodations, service and location
We will of course stay here again next time we are in town with pets or without.
Large rooms, great staff, wonderful location near shopping, restaurant and close to downtown.
Only negative is no microwave and bathroom was small. However room itself was large with lots of space

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
hotelstaff1234, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Kristin L,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Executive Center. We're delighted to hear that we could provide a wonderful stay for you and your pets and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Columbia again very soon.
Safe travels,

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I came down for family weekend at Mizzou. I was worried about this hotel because of pictures and reviews. They have renovated the rooms since some of these reviews, because the room was very clean and the bathroom did not look like the picture. We booked this room in early summer knowing this was a popular weekend and hotels will be booked soon. It was VERY pricey $300+ a night (with taxes etc) for a regular king room. I get it you want to make some money but really $300 a night! Our room was on the main floor and it was the first room as you walked in from the lobby. I have to say I was not happy with the location when I first arrived, but it was one of the quietest rooms I have ever had in a hotel ever and the hotel was fully booked. This hotel has everything all in the hotel. A upscale restaurant for dinner, a casual sports bar for drinks and any meal you want and big screen TV's to watch the game, and a little store. Very convenient. Room highlights, updated, very comfortable beds, quiet, air conditioning totally rocks! Nice to have a microwave, and clean big size refrigerator. Now the very few downfalls of the hotel that are not a big deal but was something that I noticed. For this price, I would have hoped that there was some kind of voucher for breakfast. The little coffee bar in the lobby area is a nice addition but the price for a latte that you cannot even get a flavor for is more expensive than Starbucks (get your coffee in front of SportsZone for free). There are no towel racks at all in the bathroom to hang up your towels, none at all. As I said the positives more than outway the negatives. Great place, will for sure bet there again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
hotelstaff1234, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Executive Center. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

This hotel has been a fixture in Columbia for a long time, and it has aged fairly well with many updates over the years to decor, fixtures, bedding, etc. Staff is very friendly and helpful, the common areas and room we stayed in were clean and its location is perfect for anyone passing through town as it sits right at I-70 (it's close, but not quite as convenient for anyone attending campus events at Mizzou). I'm not personally familiar with its business/convention facilities, but they do have a good long-standing reputation.

As with most hotels on a football weekend, expect to be gouged if that's when you visit. After taxes, we were at nearly $300 for one night in a room with two double beds, which after checking their website, is roughly twice the rate of the same room on a non-football weekend. As long as you're OK with doing that every once in a while or for a special trip, you can grudgingly live with it (and admittedly, we were late in knowing we'd be heading to CoMo that weekend, so the more affordable hotels had long been sold out). That said, to not be offered a basic, complimentary breakfast buffet at that increased price is a really bad look and it's a policy I hope management will re-visit soon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
hotelstaff1234, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your comments and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Columbia again soon.
Thank you!