“Very Nice Indeed!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Nice Indeed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Our family checked into this property this last Friday for sold out area Mizzou Homecoming weekend with only a few hours advance notice of a available room. We were greeted with very pleasant front desk staff. The property is very clean and neat. Our room was spacious and pretty sound proof despite being on a corner facing the freeway. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful despite large game fan crowds milling about.
The only possible complaint I would have are the pillows...or shall I say Chiclets. The pillows where a very odd super small size not much bigger than Chiclets...LOL!

I would stay here again without any question.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north or north west would be good choices as to be farther away from the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Thank you for you feedback. I am pleased to hear during the busiest time of the season, our staff was able to provide great service and keep breakfast items stocked throughout your stay. I am glad to hear that even on the highway side of the hotel, you still were able to have a good night's rest and it is very interesting to hear that the corner rooms block the noise. That is something we will keep in mind when making reservations in the future.

Thanks for your comment about our pillows. We will definitely look into other options. :)

We hope to see you soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

First visit to Columbia - which is a lovely little town. Had no reservations. Looked at the Regency downtown which was grim, so chose this one which was the closest we could find. It is just what we needed. Great room, large, very comfortable bed, clean and well equipped. Pool and exercise room are small but perfectly adequate. Front desk staff very friendly. Easy exit to the 70. Really good value for money - wish we could stay longer!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Thank you for your response. I am thrilled to hear your first visit to the Columbia area was wonderful and our accommodations well suited the needs of your trip. We hope you visit the area again in the future and You're Always Welcome at the Comfort Suites!
Monroe, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

After 550 miles of travel from Colorado, it was a welcome stop in Columbia, MO. Desk staff (Kandyce) was a pleasure to deal with as I had problems with intenet "hookup" and she gladly came to our room with an ethernet cord to"connect me" with the Internet. That kind of service is appreciated and it shows that they appreciate their customers.

The only negative post that I can apply is that the shower curtain was too short to guard against spillage. This matter was called to the attention of hotel staff.

Room Tip: Been here 4 years ago.......that's why I came back in 2011!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Thank you for your response. I am excited to hear our front desk staff went above and beyond to make you feel welcome while at our hotel and we do appreciate our loyal guests! New shower curtains have been ordered and are on the way. We hope to see you again soon.
Thayer, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I travel a great deal with my work and in my personal life. Last weekend was the first time I had ever stayed at a Comfort Suites. I was a little skeptical because I had never stayed there, nor knew anyone that had.
I was traveling with five family members to visit the Mo. School for the Deaf for three days and also to visit a Spine Dr..We were given the 69.99 medical rate because we had to travel 5 hours for a medical reason. THAT WAS AWESOME!
The most important was the rooms were fantastic. Excellent beds, very clean, microwave, frig, and our room had a sitting area that had a hideabed loveseat.
All our shampoo, soap, etc was furnished for us at the desk. Luckily there was a laundry facility on site. Three kids + bbq= disaster..lol
The staff, even the cleaning crew were all friendly and eager to please. (Deaf children cant hear so they must either use sign or read lips, staff eagerly agreed to look at children and speak and tap on their shoulder if they needed anything)
Full breakfast. Sausage, bacon, eggs, toast, pastries, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagles, coffee, and juices.
EXCELLENT STAY>>>HIGHLY SUGGEST>>>WE'VE ALREADY BOOKED 2 MORE VISITS!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in 424
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am pleased to hear every aspect of your stay was wonderful and we promise to continue to execute the same service you received on your first stay for many more to come.

Thank you again, and we will see you soon!
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

I thought the location was a little difficult to get to/from for driving around, and there doesn't seem much around here.

Room was OK, rate was "meh", but the place left me feeling like "we don't care if you stay here or not", just something wasn't quite right. Perhaps it was me, but this location left me feeling like I should have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
I want to thank you for your time and feedback from your stay with us! I apologize for any difficulties in finding our hotel and places nearby to enjoy during your visit. We are located on the West side of town, an exit away from the Columbia Mall, and across the highway from major chain restaurants. I have notified my front desk staff and we will certainly strive to better provide accurate driving directions and places to visit while in the area.
Thank you again for your feedback and we would be honored to have another opportunity to prove we are committed to providing the best guest service and satisfaction in the area.