“Great food”

Ya Hala
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Bridgeton
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

I went there tonight for dinner with friends and everything we ordered was great with the only exception of the pita which was good. Hummus was perfect, falafel was the best I've ever had. Lamb was a little fatty and tough but the flavor was spot on. You must order the baklava to end the meal with perfection. It had a combination of walnut and pistachio which is hard to find.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Went to Ya Hala for dinner with a friend after being impressed by the lunch. We ordered the babaganoush and I wasn't too pleased with taste - it lacked something. The pita that came along with it wasn't fresh either. However, we both enjoyed our entrees. I ordered the chicken shawarma platter and my friend ordered the chicken kabab platter. The shawarma was flavorful though bit on the salty side. It goes well with the salad and rice that comes along with it. They have specials during lunch and I enjoyed the gyro.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

When we went it was 3 pm on a Sunday. Slow service despite us being one of two tables ordering food. Good babaganoush, great schawarma, great lamb kabobs, the baklava was delicious! The salad that comes with the meals is just lettuce, onion , and a slice of tomato. The soda is a bit flat. They have a hooka lounge in the back that we didn't try.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have seen this place for a couple years and have always wanted to try it. This was the first time that 4 of the 5 of us have ever been to a Middle Eastern cuisine restaurant. Overall we all thought the food and service was very good. Not knowing what to order we tried the $79 combo plate and my wife ordered a Greek salad and she shared some of the combo plate. The combo came with (10) skewers of meat, (5) Falafel, (5) Kibbeh, (2) salads, (1) Hummous, & rice. Our skewers were beef, chicken, lamb, & kefta. We ordered medium for the beef and lamb and they did come overdone but still good. I still am not sure what kefta and kibbeh is but it was very good. 4 of us really liked the hummous. In addition we did have leftovers.

I don't mean to shill for them but on Friday & Saturday nights I think after 9 they have belly dancing and a DJ. Our waiter said generally you will need a reservation to get seated after 9. Also their website says the food is Lebanese, Jordanian, Turkish, and Syrian specialties.

1  Thank Allen D
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Had lunch at Ya Hala; good choice for lunch.

Good service; quick (important since it was a lunch hour); and good food. I started with the hummus (very good), followed up with the Kefta Kabob (ground meat on a stick)(also very good), and had Bakalava for dessert (large; very good).

As you can tell, everything I ate was very good.